Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Q7 (US), 3.0l V6 TFSI

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud View Post
    I wasnt comfortable changing anything as I wasnt sure Spyder.

Here is a photo of my Long Coding (without changing anything) in Module 46.

I couldnt see a "horn_acknowledgement" under the Adaption Channels either (VCDS 16.5.1)
    Andy,

From ODIS, Hex 40 means setting bit 6 on byte 4. Which I see from your screen capture isn't set. Remember, if it doesn't do anything uncheck it and re-apply your original old long coding.

Tomorrow I'll see what ODIS says by the way of adaption channels as that might be where the setting is for the chirp on locking.

cheers
    Ant

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderboyant View Post
    Hey Andy,

that's because VCDS doesn't have a label file for this module yet. I got the descriptions from the official VAG tool ODIS 3.0.1

>>>> How did you get to paste an image in your post? I can only put in a link to a URL? I could post the setting as per the ODIS screen.

Its interesting that your settings for this channel is 2F. This must be because you actually have an audible alarm etc... which my car doesn't have.

Looking around the web, it might actually be an adaption channel that makes the beeps. Below from an A3 2013:

Acoustic (Alarm Beep) on Lock - TESTED AUDI A3 1.2T ‘13
    --------------------
    NOTE: Car makes one chirping sound, does not use the horn.
    [09] Central Electronics -> Adaptation ->
    Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (Lock acoustic feedback)
    CHANGE: Set each or one of them to Yes

Acoustic (Alarm Beep) on Unlock - TESTED AUDI A3 1.2T ‘13
    --------------------
    NOTE: Car makes two chirping sounds, does not use the horn.
    [09] Central Electronics -> Adaptation ->
    Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (Un-lock acoustic feedback)
    CHANGE: Set each or one of them to Yes

Once again, I would need to see what ODIS says as it obviously has the labels for the settings....
    Hey Spyder,

Yep, fully aware no label file, just wasnt sure which bit to change on Byte 4 from your last description but I see in your last post you said its Bit 6 on Byte 4 which on my car is not currently set.

Noted about Adaption Channels, I did look through them all and there are a number of them around horn chirping, some of which are active, some of which are not, but irrespective if you change them or not, it doesnt make any difference. I'll keep looking

I'll try Bit 6 on Byte 4 on Module 46 later tonight

As for posting pic, I can only post link so I just uploaded to a free pic hosting website (I literally googled 'free pic upload' and found a site that is just a browse button, upload pic, it gives you URL. Job Done

Keep you posted

Andy

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update Spyder

By added 40 (Bit 6 in Byte 4) on mine (which makes it go from 2F to 6F) I now get a single "Chirp" when the car locks!

However, no "double Chirp" when the car unlocks... I heard back on old cars that "40" gave you a single beep on lock, but "44" gave you the double unlock chirp aswell. How can I figure that Bit etc that is for 44?

I think we are getting there! Cheers!

Andy

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud View Post
    Update Spyder

By added 40 (Bit 6 in Byte 4) on mine (which makes it go from 2F to 6F) I now get a single "Chirp" when the car locks!

However, no "double Chirp" when the car unlocks... I heard back on old cars that "40" gave you a single beep on lock, but "44" gave you the double unlock chirp as well. How can I figure that Bit etc that is for 44?

I think we are getting there! Cheers!

Andy
    Good stuff! obviously the bit for 44 already set on your car (Hex44 = 01000100 (bit2)). I would try Bit 7 and see what you get when you set it as I think BYTE 4 is all about the alarm configuration in your car. You could also try bit 4 which isn't set.

I wonder if the "[LO]_theft_alarm_tamper_alarm - [VO]_one_tamper_alarm may set the option to two on un-locking? Issue with these descriptions is that they are in alphabetical order and you need to set them and then switch to "binary coding" and search through all 39 bytes to see which bit has changed! Would be really simple if you could change the bit in "plain text coding" without "apply" and then switch to "Binary coding" to see what has changed...

I'll have a look later today to see if there are any other obvious bits with an obvious description around horn/alarm settings....
    Last edited by spyderboyant; 06-05-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Spyder,

Yep, I have bit 2 set (which equates to 44 in Hex). I will try the other blank bits tonight (UK time) and see what happens

I know you have ODIS and I dont, but in VCDS (16.5.1) Adaption I dont see "horn_acknowledgement" even as a channel. Unless of course, its not a channel at all.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a coding value, I haven't had time to cover those yet. Coding details for the MLB will start making their way into the long coding helper with the next data versions.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

7. Likes Uwe, andyhud liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andy,

I think I have found it "warning_tone_open_alarm_contact". It is bit 6 in byte 5 (after I set it to active). Your current coding for byte 5 is Hex 11 = 00010001. Your new coding should be HEX 51 = 01010001 (set bit 6)

Let us know you get on
    Ant

Last edited by spyderboyant; 06-06-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ant! I'll give it a try later tonight when my other half comes back with the car!

Edit: If you change "warning_tone_open_alarm_contact" from Active (assuming yours is active) to Not Active, does your 2 Chirps when you unlock the car get disabled?
    Last edited by andyhud; 06-06-2016 at 03:34 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey Andy,

didn't try it. neither of my byte 4 or byte 5 had any bits set... So the picture I have shown with the 6th bit set to 1 is when I actually set it via the "plain text coding" and was looking for the changed bit in "binary coding" - which happened to be byte 5.

On a side note, do you have "audi smartphone interface" active in your car? ie from main screen there is an icon run android auto or apple carplay (when installed on your phone) which allows you via the usb port to control the phone and use its navigation etc...? It appears its not available here in OZ along with Traffic Sign Recognition which is BS considering how expensive these cars are.

cheers
    Ant
    Last edited by spyderboyant; 06-06-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ant for info. Other half aint home yet so can't check but will look

No, my car doesnt have the Audi Smartphone Interface. Talked alot about this on other forums. It wasnt released until the MY17 version of the car was released a few weeks back.

I have traffic sign recognition though, I believe it just uses the camera in the windshield so if its there im sure its nothing more than coding to enable it.