Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK7 Golf R DCC Delete- Ross Tech?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

MK7 Golf R DCC Delete- Ross Tech?

I have a MK7 R that has DCC. I hate DCC and want to turn it completely off. Unfortunately when I bought my R it was the only one available and it came with DCC. I ordered VWR Coilovers from the UK and by installing them it will set off some fault codes because the VW will sense the DCC is unplugged. KW makes EDC Delete Kits (which sends false signal to dcc to tell the ecu they are working) But I would rather figure out a way to turn them off using the Ross Tech system. Considering that lots of MK7 R Owners had to buy a Golf R equipped with DCC but want to use coilovers for track or sportier look. I figured figuring out an option for this would help me as well as others in the same situation. I wanted to see if anybody could help me code this out or if you had any solutions. If there is anybody who could help it would be wonderful.

Basically need to turn off DCC through VCDS for short. Lol
    Last edited by elemons; 04-13-2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: incorrect thread header

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Evan,

Please post the complete Auto-Scan from this vehicle. If you made any modifications with VCDS in the DCC area please include the oldest/factory condition scan as well.

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Hi Evan,

Please post the complete Auto-Scan from this vehicle. If you made any modifications with VCDS in the DCC area please include the oldest/factory condition scan as well.
    I havent made any tweaks or scans yet. I spoke ti Uwe via email and he suggested to make my post here. He said he may have a few ideas on what to do based off his email. I was also hoping we could work this out together . Im at a loss to where to even begin. I know there are lots of people who want to be able to use VCDS to turn off DCC to run aftermarket suspension.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My guess:

• Unplug DCC module.
    • Uncheck 14-Susp. Electronics from Gateway Installation List
    • Recode Xenon, ABS, and any other modules that are unhappy due to the above two.

I suggest posting an Auto-Scan in stock form before doing anything else, then doing the first two steps above, and re-scanning to see what modules have what fault codes.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    My guess:

• Unplug DCC module.
    • Uncheck 14-Susp. Electronics from Gateway Installation List
    • Recode Xenon, ABS, and any other modules that are unhappy due to the above two.

I suggest posting an Auto-Scan in stock form before doing anything else, then doing the first two steps above, and re-scanning to see what modules have what fault codes.

-Uwe-
    I dont know how to scan, and honestly dont feel comfortable going that deep in it. Lol I wish I had a live phone support during this trial and error session.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to look into how to post and file an auto scan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elemons View Post
    Lol I wish I had a live phone support during this trial and error session.
    No, sorry, we only offer that for repairs, not for experimental reverse-retrofits.

Quote Originally Posted by elemons View Post
    I would have to look into how to post and file an auto scan
    Like this.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

10. Likes jyoung8607, Eric, DrPeter liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an MK7 Golf R with DCC and I am looking to ditch the factory suspension to run coilovers. Has anyone figured out how to disable the DCC? If not, I am willing to try and document the results to help the community. I am aware of the cancellation kit available but I am much more interested in using the Vag-Com do disable the feature

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tracert View Post
    I have an MK7 Golf R with DCC and I am looking to ditch the factory suspension to run coilovers. Has anyone figured out how to disable the DCC? If not, I am willing to try and document the results to help the community. I am aware of the cancellation kit available but I am much more interested in using the Vag-Com do disable the feature
    It strikes me as something that should be doable, but the OP in this thread doesn't seem to have perused it.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    It strikes me as something that should be doable, but the OP in this thread doesn't seem to have perused it.

-Uwe-
    I'll be giving this a shot within the next few days. Supposedly people are having a hard time getting the ABS module to not throw a fit.