2016 A3 - Disable Parking Lights - US Spec?

AudiSportB5S4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58275
Alright so with the values tested above..

After step 1, yes, both front turning indicators were lit, as were the side ones (the ones I'm trying to turn off)

After step 2, I can confirm that the front turning indicators didn't work with the headlights off (if just the DRL strips were on) yet they DID work with the headlights on.

So it looks like you found the control for those front signals, but I'm not looking to alter those. I'm still looking to turn off the side "parking lights" when the headlights are on. Now that I think of it, I don't even think they blink so I'm just looking to turn them off completely.

Last edited:

AudiSportB5S4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58275
Where is my friend from the UK?! :p

Xpower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163029
I think there is some confusion on what you have and what you want to turn off - I know I'm confused :-)

Can you do step 1 then take a pic of the front of your car and upload it?

Then I can see exactly what you have. I assume you want to turn off your amber marker lights...
I await the pic :-p

Ps take he keys out the ignition for the pic

AudiSportB5S4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58275
Alright.. Here's the pic!

So you're controlling the front turning indicators which I'm not looking to change. I am hoping to turn off those amber side markers that illuminate with the headlights on.

Photo%20May%2002%207%2001%2015%20PM_zpsjdqj9mp0.jpg

Last edited:

m_bolc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230356
Wait I'm confused. The ones near the grille or the fenders?

Xpower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163029
The ones near the grille are his indicators, they are currently on as he was trying a tweak I suggested.
I originally thought that he was describing his indicators were lit dimly not that there was a completely separate amber marker light.
I actually think that this looks kinda cool :-) but thoses amber markers do look naff!

I'll post up another suggestion

AudiSportB5S4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58275

The goofy ones by the fenders.. Damn America! Am I right in guessing these aren't powered up on cars outside of these regions? All other Audi's I've ever had it's been considered the "American parking lights" that aren't required outside of the States and I think Canada.

The ones near the grille are his indicators, they are currently on as he was trying a tweak I suggested.
I originally thought that he was describing his indicators were lit dimly not that there was a completely separate amber marker light.
I actually think that this looks kinda cool :-) but thoses amber markers do look naff!

I'll post up another suggestion

Haha thank you again for your efforts.

I really thought it would have been the (4)-Driving light and parking light-Parklicht ueber LSS aktiviert - Parklichtfunktion USA und Kanada because I think only US and Canada has the requirement for those amber corner lights. When I changed this I think I did "not active" but then looking through the CSV, maybe I also had to do something to another module perhaps (5)-Driving light and parking light-Standlichtreduzierung mit beidseitigem Parklicht ?

I can't wait to figure this out.. lol. On my other Audi's it's been a checkbox in the long coding helper to deactivate them so I'm sure VCDS would appreciate the efforts as I'm not the only one who thinks it looks better when they're off!

Last edited:

AudiSportB5S4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58275
BTW, here are the dreaded lights I'm trying to turn off!

image_zpsztcbqo2s.jpeg

m_bolc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230356
Oh goodness, that looks awful!

Would you mind grabbing a controller channel map of Central Electronics? I'll take a look at it and have a suggestion.

Regards,
-MB

AudiSportB5S4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58275

Xpower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163029
On the UK spec A3's they don't even have them in the headlight.
Looks much better

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
On the UK spec A3's they don't even have them in the headlight.
Looks much better
US and EU vehicle lighting specs/standards are different....

-Uwe-

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Now you know how lucky you are! :)

Did you ever check a wiring diagram to determine which specific bulbs you are trying to turn off? There should be a standardized component identifier that would make it easier to find out what specifically may be able to be changed in Adaptation channels.

m_bolc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230356
Can you set both of these channels to "not active"?

Code:
(4)-Driving light and parking light-Parklicht ueber LSS aktiviert	Parklichtfunktion USA und Kanada 
(5)-Driving light and parking light-Standlichtreduzierung mit beidseitigem Parklicht	active

AudiSportB5S4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58275
Did you ever check a wiring diagram to determine which specific bulbs you are trying to turn off? There should be a standardized component identifier that would make it easier to find out what specifically may be able to be changed in Adaptation channels.

I haven't. That sounds like a good idea if none of these stabs end up working.

Can you set both of these channels to "not active"?

Code:
(4)-Driving light and parking light-Parklicht ueber LSS aktiviert	Parklichtfunktion USA und Kanada 
(5)-Driving light and parking light-Standlichtreduzierung mit beidseitigem Parklicht	active

I'll give that a shot. That's what I mentioned earlier, that perhaps I needed to also set number 5 to not active... Will try that and report back! Thanks

Xpower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163029
give what M_Bolc said a shot first.
If they don't work then can you try the following 2 channels? set them both to "Always", the remove the key from the ignition - which lights are illuminated?

(9)-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D 23 {this is the L/H side)
(9)-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D 24 {this is the R/H side)

On a Euro spec car these are the channels for the rear tail lights, but your channels are allocated very different so this might be a posibility.
hopefully channels 4 and 5 will work and you won't need to try this....

m_bolc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230356
Based on the nomenclature of those adaptation channels, they are on the rear end of the car. I would be really miffed if Audi started programming things that weirdly at the factory.

Let us know how it works with those two channels, or else we will need to do some more digging.

AudiSportB5S4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58275
Thank you both! I will reply later on tonight or early tomorrow and let you know the results!

Xpower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163029
What's odd is that if you look through certain channels they have an assignment but 0% brightness.....
I've not seen another car which active channels and brightness at 0.

1 set of channels also doesn't have a "lasttyp", the first channel is missing from the adaptation map.
It starts at (2)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lampendefektbitposition 16

Funny cars :-)

Back