1.6TDI Engine Misfires and Stalls when Idle

airbus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49226
Ah OK, yes I want the injectors to be happy in the engine ;) Perhaps they are not in a happy spot ha ha. I added to my above post at the same time you responded. You ever seen injectors with 6 character adaptation values stamped on? If so, what values were in VCDS, like for like or that zero on the end...

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
So far here in the USA I have only seen them with the exact characters on injector with the same in adaption input.

What I am considering is.............. blanking eeprom data, and just installing random experimental values, to see how they change operation

Last edited:

airbus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49226
Ok here is an update on my situation.

All together I sourced 4 injectors from a lower mileage scrapped vehicle, took a risk I know but thought it was worth a shot to see if my problem characteristics changed or fixed themselves.

After some issues and damaged hands (due to not having the correct pulling device), changed all injectors on my engine. Adaptation of injectors rejected 6 digits so I did use the last character as zero which corresponded with the convention of before the changes took place. All adaptation changes were accepted and cross verified through VCDS. Then I started the engine and did notice it running smoother right away. Tried pulsing the engine up to 900rpm and dropping down to try and make the idle 'hunt' and it didn't. At worst it dropped to about 650rpm and recovered right away to 780rpm. In my opinion this is normal.

Results after the change:
1b70gZb.jpg

Problem now sorted, time will tell whether it's gone for good.:cool: Thanks for your input.

smiffy403

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=253985
I seem to be having the same problems. Did changing all the injectors sort this for you ??

airbus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49226
Hi,

Yes replacing the injectors fixed the problem for me.

IanC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=443988
Hi, have read your thread and having a similar issue. I had an injector fail on me (cylinder 2), got a replacement and fitted it - took it for a short drive and appeared OK. Slight 'pink' on acceleration. I updated the injector code using VCDS and tried the Minimum Deviation Adjustment tests (IDE06141) - what a disaster. Test just sat there for 20 mins not doing anything except saying 'Running |-'. After I aborted I checked the deviation values and saw a +2, -1.7, 0.3, 0.2 but the car is really bad now with excessive pinking under light load. I've seen threads elsewhere saying the IDE06141 will only work if the ECU has the latest software as the Diesel-Gate software stops the program. Also I had my EGR blanked a number of years ago which may also be the problem. Anyone out there had similar issues

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
deRjtwJ.jpg

-Uwe-

Back