Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eurovan 2000

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fingers crossed.........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes gduncanson liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Fingers crossed.........
    No, it didn't work, cleared the codes and started the engine. it ran a little rough and in a few seconds the CEL came on, shut down and I could smell unburned fuel. same codes came back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Before you change the coil.......... verify the power stage is actually switching via ECU.

Do this with an LED tester/noid at the terminals for each respective coil.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been trying to find a tester. I do have a test light but it's an old craftsman from carburetor days. So after work the last couple of days I've visited Autozone, harborfreight, advance auto, and sears hardware looking at test lights and some say "computer safe" and they're the typical probe type with clear screwdriver handle with either both neg- and pos+ or just a single lead. But they look and feel cheap. I'd just as soon buy a good tool and use it for a while.

Question--I realize there are youtube videos on how to make your own noid light or led tester. Can you recommend a decent test light? The one in the Bentley is the VAG 1527B which is superceded by the VAS 6839, which looks just like the Fluke T150. The description of the VAG 1527B is below.

"For locating faults in all vehicle electrical and electronic components. The use of an extremely low current (max. 1.5 mA) prevents any damage to the electronic components during the test. Conventional test lamps can cause damage to electronic components due to the high voltage required and therefore should no longer be used. "

What do you think of these I found which are in my budget?
    Ideal Industries 61-092 Vol-Con Elite
    Extech VT10 Multifunction
    Klein Tools ET200

Post Thanks / Like
    To expensive ........

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-12-vo...ster-4288.html

Buy one of these and install your own LED bulb or solder one in.

Hell here is a good one and is cheap........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNAP-ON-Test...sAAOSw7FRWU6XN

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bit the bullet and bought a coil pack from AutoZone. Supposedly made for them by Wells electronics in China. They offer no questions asked returns for 30 days and lifetime replacement to the original purchaser. So it fixed the issue, my wife says it drives noticeably smoother and peppier. I wish it wasn't Chinese, but if it fails every year, I should be able to get a new one. fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help.

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post