Adaptation Channel map - optimization

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305
Is there a way in VCDS to get adaptation channel maps of all modules in the car with just one command/action?
Currently we have to manually trigger (through ad. channel map command) mapping of every module separately, which can be really time consuming with some newer cars, because some ad. channel maps could take nearly half an hour.
It would be great if you could just start ad. channel mapping of all channels and come back an hour later to find it has been done.:thumbs:
Just a suggestion, if this has not been yet implemented.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If you really want maps of ALL the modules, temporarily rename the Labels sub-folder so VCDS can't find it, set the Debug Level to 2 on the Options screen, and then run an Auto-Scan.

Be sure to use a battery charger, and beware: This may take considerably longer than an hour on some newer cars at present.

-Uwe-

icardiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=113031
This is great, it saves a lot of time sitting in the car and going through modules one by one and wait a dozen of minutes between each module :thumbs:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You're going to post those scans and maps in the Reference Section of the forum, right?

-Uwe-

andyvee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159389
Will this work on MQB cars Uwe?
I take it you can't specify security logins per module doing it this way?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work on an MQB.

No, you cannot specify security access codes.

-Uwe-

icardiag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=113031
You're going to post those scans and maps in the Reference Section of the forum, right?

-Uwe-

I used to send complete scans especially with new models to RT by email, but as I never ever received a simple "thanks" or "whatever" response, I stopped sending the scans in :-(

Ciamardo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=105004
If you really want maps of ALL the modules, temporarily rename the Labels sub-folder so VCDS can't find it, set the Debug Level to 2 on the Options screen, and then run an Auto-Scan.

Be sure to use a battery charger, and beware: This may take considerably longer than an hour on some newer cars at present.

-Uwe-
You can consider creating a new option like a "Full Controller Channel Map " and rename the existing at "Single Controller Channel Map" ?? and then in LOGS directory if it's possible to add a sub-directory for every single scan ?? for to avoid confusion for those who scans many cars !!!

Reactions: mtl

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305

-Uwe-
I haven't yet posted the scans in that part of the forum (since the cars are not mine), but I do send data of ALL new, unrecognized modules to you guys :).

You can consider creating a new option like a "Full Controller Channel Map " and rename the existing at "Single Controller Channel Map" ?? and then in LOGS directory if it's possible to add a sub-directory for every single scan ?? for to avoid confusion for those who scans many cars !!!
That would be just perfect.

Reactions: Uwe

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305

-Uwe-
I did a few tests.
It worked on older platform (Superb 2, though you get plb and pla files which are not so ''user friendly'') but not on a MQB car - the new Touran :(.
Did I miss something?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I did a few tests.
It worked on older platform (Superb 2, though you get plb and pla files which are not so ''user friendly'') but not on a MQB car - the new Touran :(.
Did I miss something?
I guess so, but since it's not clear to me exactly what you did and what the results are, I'm not sure what you missed.

For modules that use the UDS protocol (which tends to be all of them in an MQB car) VCDS won't make measuring value maps; there's really no point. It will however Adaptation maps.

-Uwe-

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305
I did the following:
- renamed VCDS/Labels directory to Labels.NEW (I do not have beta folder, so it was definitely the correct one).
- Run VCDS (15.7.4)
- Options/Debug level (inserted 2)
- Apply
- run Autoscan
And nothing happened, only Autoscan finished.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Does you AutoScan result show "debug=2" at the bottom?

mtl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=153305
Yes, it does.
End---------------------(Elapsed Time: 04:56, Deb=2)-----------------------

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Yes, it does.

It should have created maps .. providing every single controller isn't UDS. If you have a scan from the Touran please post it or send it via email if you prefer.

Edit, I see the scan and Adp maps. Every single module in that car uses UDS. At the present time you will need to create those manually.

Back