Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discover media/Pro gen 2

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it is operating properly.

The good: Navigation, Phone, Radio (including Satellite), and Media functions all work. The internal Jukebox is nifty as is WiFi streaming from a uPNP device. I can pop in a SIM card and have the unit attempt to use it, but I'm not sure the LTE radio inside is fully compatible with US LTE frequencies. I'm lacking an antenna connection to the rear of the unit. There are 2 purple connectors, I'm assuming one is "in" from the Premium Telephony base plate and one is "out" to the sharkfin. My US car has the Telematics module (which operates over LTE), so I know the roof sharkfin *has* the antenna, but unsure how to split it or what the proper configuration would be.

The bad: The faults. And also the software error messages. Clearly this was a European unit that was forced to run US firmware. I know my dealer can remove component protection, but will the software be upgradeable? I'm also unable to use my overhead "Car-Net" buttons.

They've suggested we try another tool and we will, as the lack of a label file in VCDS makes coding this difficult.

@Ross-Tech: has anybody submitted an Auto-Scan for a 2016 e-Golf SEL Premium? That car in the US now has the 8" Discover Pro. It would be interesting to compare how 5F and 75 are coded on this vehicle.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ wdimqgineer: I'm not sure that there is anything special about the aerial set-up for the Discover Pro on an e-Golf, but here is the topology diagram for the e-Golf and the rear connection descriptors on a Discover Pro showing the aerial plugs for the rear window antenna loop

If the unit has the premium telephony module fitted, here's how the connector should appear on the rear of the unit

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 05-06-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

3. Likes Uwe, Stief liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Helpful, if odd. My unit has 2 connectors for the second infographic you referenced. I see units for sale on eBay that have one connector. I have not come across a unit yet with 2.

I'm starting to think this unit may not be worth the trouble.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quickish update... I'm sending this unit back and grabbing a proper, virgin US unit. The LTE functionality, while nice, renders Bluetooth inoperable. It's either in-car data or Bluetooth (rSAP, if you also want)... not both. I'd need a new sharkfin for 100% operability, something I'm not wanting to do.

My current conundrum is satellite radio. I have 3 different admaps with 3 different values for the "Tuner for satellite radio; preparation" adaptation. My Discover Pro is 05, my friend dmc's Golf R Discover Pro in Canada is 02, and an e-Golf with Discover Pro I scanned earlier is 08.

What is this value? I ask because my unit keeps displaying "Acquiring Signal" on every 3rd or 4th start. I hear audio, see text briefly, and then the info text goes blank. Audio continues playing.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
    My current conundrum is satellite radio. I have 3 different admaps with 3 different values for the "Tuner for satellite radio; preparation" adaptation. My Discover Pro is 05, my friend dmc's Golf R Discover Pro in Canada is 02, and an e-Golf with Discover Pro I scanned earlier is 08.

What is this value? I ask because my unit keeps displaying "Acquiring Signal" on every 3rd or 4th start. I hear audio, see text briefly, and then the info text goes blank. Audio continues playing.

I have admaps for 3 x MIBII units in my database that have the "Tuner for satellite radio; preparation" channel populated. The settings are 2 for Canada and 7 for USA. I have no idea what this code means!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to know the pin outs for adding the rear view camera to my 2016 Tiguan...

I'm planning on retro fitting it but no idea where the 2 wires are supposed to go on my MIBII unit.

Can anyone help?

Scott

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfman View Post
    I would love to know the pin outs for adding the rear view camera to my 2016 Tiguan...

I'm planning on retro fitting it but no idea where the 2 wires are supposed to go on my MIBII unit.

Can anyone help?

Scott
    Scott: This is what I believe happens with the Video signal cable from the RVC to the MIB unit - the centre wire and sheath are terminated on the "Quadlock" connectors as shown below

Other than these 2 wires, there are the positive/negative power wires and a trigger wire that connects to the backing light, which turns-on the RVC whenever reverse-gear is selected
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 05-20-2016 at 08:43 AM.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you DV52

Your help is very much appreciated

Scott

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
    Quickish update... I'm sending this unit back and grabbing a proper, virgin US unit. The LTE functionality, while nice, renders Bluetooth inoperable. It's either in-car data or Bluetooth (rSAP, if you also want)... not both. I'd need a new sharkfin for 100% operability, something I'm not wanting to do.

I know its been a while since your post above, but I am having a similar problem with satellite radio on my MIB II retrofit.

Have you resolved the "Acquiring signal" issue? Can you possibly send me VCDS scan from your system?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello there , today we have strong rain here in Greece with low temperatures 16 C from 44 C , seven days ago .

When I select reverse gear I hear a long beep and pdc went off.

In vag com I saw those errors

Monday,17,July,2017,20:34:40:28322
    VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x86
    VCDS Version: 17.1.3.0
    Data version: 20170320 DS267.7
    www.Ross-Tech.com

Dealer/Shop Name: MT SKODA SERVICE
    Workshop Code: 231 44700 072242

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist Labels: 3AA-919-475.clb
    Control Module Part Number: 3AA 919 475 S HW: 4H0 919 475 E
    Component and/or Version: PARKHILFE PLA H06 0043
    Software Coding: 340101
    Work Shop Code: WSC 44700 231 72242
    ASAM Dataset: EV_EPHVA2C000000000 002014 (VW46)
    ROD: EV_EPHVA2C000000000_VW41.rod
    VCID: 4BBBAB73E2ABB2194C-801E
    2 Faults Found:

1080596 - Side Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor
    B107D 14 [009] - Open or Short to Ground
    Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 3
    Fault Frequency: 2
    Reset counter: 17
    Mileage: 116073 km
    Date: 2058.14.04
    Time: 20:32:27

1080625 - Side Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor
    B107D 31 [008] - No Signal
    Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 3
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 57
    Mileage: 116073 km
    Date: 2058.14.04
    Time: 20:32:50

Address 10: DTCs cleared

do you think that those 2 sensors are defective?

or is it something with moisture ?

Best regards

vv