Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Scott

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245498
Forgive me if I respond slowly. I'M A slow old guy with 2 broken old AUDI's. I have attemted to reconfigure my hex-net, probably 8 or 10 times. I'm probably doing something wrong! when I get into the config. file I get the error code that Santos described, and I do what he says in the update thread. But then I get an error message saying hex-net version is less than minimum version supported by this configure utility please use older version of utility. Also I keep getting error-2. I was running vcds on my old Samsung laptop using Windows home7. But I also bought a nextbook tablet with a detachable keyboard, just for running VCDS. So now I started fresh with the nextbook and I'm having the exact same problem. I'm a hard headed determined old guy, but I'm stuck on something and need some "HELP". In options I have it set on [net] button and tried to toggle to infrastructure mode, but can only get blinking red on#2 light and blinking green on#3 light. Thanks Rick

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Rick, what versions are currently in your HEX-NET?

If they are as old as I think they are, you're going to need to put it on-line in Infrastructure Mode and get it over the hump using the web interface.

You're not too far from us. If you wish to bring it by, we'll update it for you.

-Uwe-

Rick Scott

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245498
very old I bought it around april of 2015. and haven't used since, about july 2015

Rick Scott

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245498
when I toggle access point to infrastructure, I don't get green lights on #2 only #3.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Then it's not finding a network that you've configured it to recognize.

Do you have an accessible WiFi network where you are? You do not need a car.

Have you watched this video?

The part you need starts about 3:50...

-Uwe-

Rick Scott

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245498
Thanks Uwe any suggestions on which configuration file# I should use for my nexybook running windows 10 or just try the ones in your hex-net download page?

Rick Scott

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245498
yes I have Comcast with an ARRIS router. and yes I have watched it several times. I must be missing something. I'm may try removing vcds completely and redownloading it again, and starting from scratch as santos suggested months ago. Even though I've done that a couple of times before. with my Samsung laptop that's running on windows home7. If that fails I'll take you up on the invite. and drive out there. Thanks again Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Thanks Uwe any suggestions on which configuration file# I should use for my nexybook running windows 10 or just try the ones in your hex-net download page?
I would use profile #2, because it's the first one the HEX-NET will try, but in principle, it doesn't really matter.

-Uwe-

Rick Scott

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245498
thanks have a good night! I'll let you know how I make out tomorrow, Thanks again

Rick Scott

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245498
when i toggle from infastructure to access mode lights are normal in access mode, but #2 blinks red & #3 light blinks green in infastructure mode, thats while I'm in config. utility, with a good # showing in the config. file. But I'm still not sure about the opening a browser part. Also I did do a hex-net 45 second reset once. Another thing is I think I'm stuck in access mode, because thats high lighted and stays high lighted when I toggle back and forth. I just dumped everthing on both computers, my samsung running windows 7 and the Nextbook running Windows 10. I'm don't have a cloud account yet. I'm thinking thats maybe what I missing here. Any thouhts before I try this again. Thanks Rick

Rick Scott

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245498
One other question should VCDS be open or closed, while reconfiguring the hex-net. If thats even possible.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Rick,

You sure you don't wanna bring it by and let us show you how this is done -- and get it over the "hump" of the one update it needs to be in infrastructure mode for?

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Rick did stop by yesterday afternoon and we got him all up-to-date. I think he's also a bit more comfortable with how to do this stuff now. :)

-Uwe-

drihos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255748
Any suggestions on how to get it back to wifi mode? I updated successfully last week, and was able to connect today with the cable to a laptop for tb adaptation. Now I seem to be stuck in infrastructure mode. I tried toggling the button, and it beeped at me and went back to blinking red#2 green#3.

drihos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255748
Im such a noob. short toggle to switch, 15 second for password reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back