Audi Q7 (4M) + Hex-Net

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
Hi All,

I used to own a 2010 Audi A5 and had a Hex-USB+CAN interface fully registered with Ross-Tech. It was great so thankyou for everything with that

I now have a new 2016 Audi Q7 (4M) and understand from the website that the HEX-USB+CAN interface does not support this new model (4M). However on the Ross-Tech site you state:

"We do not know if or when we will be able to make the HEX-USB+CAN interface compatible with those models (and other future ones using the MLB 2 platform) so if support for those models is important to you, we recommend purchasing a HEX-NET instead."

Does this imply the HEX-NET interface does work with the 4M Q7? I want to enable Needle Sweep (simple example) and have been told this coding is required (and yes, this is specifically for the 2016 Q7 4M model):

The following code is to be applied:

select STG 17 (switchboard)
STG coding -> function 10
byte 1
Enable Bit 0

Is the HEX-NET fully registered interface capable of doing this? (and even other settings?)

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I would think so, but as we have not yet had the opportunity to spend any quality time with a 4M Q7 (which is being introduced to the NAR market as a 2017 model), we're not not in a position to make any promises at this time.

-Uwe-

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
Many thanks Uwe, appreciate its not in NAR yet.... I assume you plans are to test it when you get time with a new 4M Q7? I'm sure there is a wealth to unlock...

I guess I'm just nervous of getting the Hex-Net and finding it doesnt even connect to the car... do you think that might be a possibility? Otherwise I'll go for the order (I assume you ship to the UK?)

Thanks

Andy

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm confident it will connect to the car. I won't promise that it will be entirely free of glitches at this point, but I'm also confident that we will be able to resolve any that occur over time. Yes, we can ship to the UK.

-Uwe-

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
Many thanks Uwe, appreciate the response. I'll get something in-place over the next few days

Happy to test if you wish also! (teamviewer etc if you want)

Cheers

Andy

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

We noticed the HN order in our system this morning. The HUC wasn't registered in your file (because it was purchased from a Dist) so we merged everything into your customer file, tossed a complimentary OBDII Right Angle Extension Cable in the box and upgraded the 10VIN HEX-NET to Unlimited VIN before it shipped. The overall cost of the order wasn't changed but I wanted to let you know if you noticed VCDS wasn't asking you to confirm VIN usage.

If you have any issues when it arrives please create a new thread in one of our Product Support sub-forums.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
I noticed 1 thing. If we are talking here that Andy has HEX-USB+CAN, then why does under his avatar say VCDS-Lite... .

Who has forgotten to eat breakfast and doesn't have his head sharp? :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I noticed 1 thing. If we are talking here that Andy has HEX-USB+CAN, then why does under his avatar say VCDS-Lite...
Well, that's because it was the only thing that I could find for him in our records when he joined the forum. But I'll go fix that now. :thanks:

-Uwe-

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
Hi Andy,

We noticed the HN order in our system this morning. The HUC wasn't registered in your file (because it was purchased from a Dist) so we merged everything into your customer file, tossed a complimentary OBDII Right Angle Extension Cable in the box and upgraded the 10VIN HEX-NET to Unlimited VIN before it shipped. The overall cost of the order wasn't changed but I wanted to let you know if you noticed VCDS wasn't asking you to confirm VIN usage.

If you have any issues when it arrives please create a new thread in one of our Product Support sub-forums.

Hi Dana, my apologies I've just seen this thread!

Thankyou very much, I have just received the Hex-Net Unit and indeed its unlimited VINs and the Extension cable was in the box, thankyou very much. I didnt even recall where I bought the Hex-Can-USB cable from so thankyou for sorting and updating.

I have successfully connected it to the car and its already working well. The Long Coding Helper complains but once past that I can manually change options and it seems to work great

Much appreciated to you , Uwe and the team. Thankyou!

Andy

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
Sorry Uwe, more than happy to help, didnt realise I had too!

Obviously the "4M" Q7 Model is not listed in the drop down on the AutoScan page, so what should I choose? I can go outside to the car and do this now

Cheers

Andy

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Just use Auto-Detect please.

-Uwe-

andyhud