Hex-Net and Windows Virtual Machine (On Macbook)?

cskala

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271580
New to this and I've connected my HexNet to run from my Macbook running Windows 8 on VMWare Fusion. Connects okay. Haven't modified anything. Is this an approved solution?

Im just looking to modify some convenience settings on my U.S. 2016 Golf R (mirror tilt, windows rain close, turn signal 5 flashes and some other minor things)

Most of the coding available online (vwvortex) seems to show different views of the software and I cant seem to access the areas to change settings, is this because I have the latest software? Or because I'm not using bootcamp?

Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If it works for you, it's "approved". That doesn't mean it's "supported" if it doesn't work.

Software shouldn't look different running in a VM than running in a native OS.

Please post up some screen shots of what you're looking at and links to what you're comparing it to.

-Uwe-

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Update issue

I spoke to Chip after he installed VCDS Beta 16.7.0.14 to scan his Mk7s.

For some reason his FW showed version version 244 in VCDS Mobile but VCDS Beta was giving him a FW update required message. We installed Java on that Windows 8.1 install (native with bootcamp) and updated the CB and DS but it sounds like he's in an update loop. The new versions and current versions are the same so every time he rechecks it wants to install the same updates again. It did say You are up to date each time with the Java config.

When I initially took the phone call our server data appeared to be:
CB to update from 4304 to 4321;
FW to update from 238 to 244;
DS to update from 0x36 to 0x45;

ST?ID=69438

Last edited:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
This should be resolved. The guys determined a problem existed on out server. I'll send you an email but please post in forum or reply if you are unable to use the HEX-NET with our latest Beta after attempting to update one more time.

Reactions: Uwe
Back