Reporting of adapation channels - suggestion

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Not sure if it's a universal trend in all VAG cars, but there appears to be a proliferation of adaptation channels with newer models. The visual representation of the "structure" of these channels on the software screen is an important facet in the user's understanding of the relationship within and across channel groupings.

Currently, VCDS reports adaptation channel descriptors as a flat list (in a form of alphabetical order-I think). However, a quick look at the list (for MQB platform vehicle-at least) suggests that there is an imbedded hierarchical structure to these channels (i.e the adaptation channels are grouped as a parent/child relationship). For ease of understanding, can these relationships be shown on the GUI? To minimise changes to the current GUI and purely as a suggestion, perhaps the parent channels (where they exist) could be listed as a drop-down option in the "search" facility thereby allowing the user to click on any of these channels to reveal the child channels in the adaptation channel list. I'm not proposing that the current search facility be deleted, rather I suggest that the parent channel list supplement the user's current ability to enter free text into the search box

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yep, we're working on something like that...

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404

-Uwe-

Uwe: A classic case of "Great minds think alike" - let's not entertain the other part of this saying!!

Don

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404

-Uwe-

Uwe: As part of your investigation into reporting adaptation channels in parent-child form, has there been any discussion regarding the presentation of the entire child channel-list to the user on the single screen (perhaps with a pull-down bar where the screen capacity is too short)?

I suspect that in years gone past, the child adaptation channels may have been unrelated to one another, but as those of us with MQB cars have found, many child channels are interrelated and there is often the need to alter numerous child channels . Leuchte programming is probably a good example - I guess. In these instances, it would be nice to be able to change multiple channels from the one screen before pressing the Doit! button

Anyhow- without wishing to appear impertinent, an example od the kind of screen that I'm referring-to is shown below (purely as a hypothetical). Pressing the blue radio button would open the normal option screen of allowable settings and the user could make changes to multiple channels from the one screen. As changes are made, the screen would return the amended values (perhaps bolded to highlight which settings are awaiting implementation) and the ability for the user to see the changed settings on the one screen would replace the more familiar "are you sure" facility on the current GUI (or the "are you sure message could be kept). All changes would be jointly accepted by pressing the Doit! button

Don

jiMSulf.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe
Back