Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You sure are a long way from home, boy ... I mean car.

Post Thanks / Like

You sure are a long way from home, boy ... I mean car.

Anyone find cars that had no business being where they are? Yesterday I spotted this Seat Leon (kind of a Spanish Mk7 Golf) a mile from Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA:

It had Mexico license plates, very shiny seats, and appeared to have a manual transmission. Badging said "TSI" so I suspect it's a 170 hp 1.8L.

2. Likes Uwe, vreihen, Jack@European_Parts, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a bigfoot sighting if I've ever seen one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Anyone find cars that had no business being where they are?
    A neighbor of mine has a late 80's Syncro Doka...I don't believe they were ever sold in this part of the world...

He's had it for many years and if I recall correctly, he imported it from Sweden...or somewhere like that.
    Late build 2006 White Jetta BRM 5spd. Mile eater.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seat ... the poorest part of VAP group in EU
    Maybe Cupra or Leon ST , ..... but you must very like Spanish style to buy that car
    But they did full LED front light in Seat earlier than in Mk7
    Price - almost this same as Golf, but interior style
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great example of why we need a huge wall at the southern border.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
    Seat ... the poorest part of VAP group in EU
    Yeah I was telling the natives in our company chat that Seat & Skoda don't have that much to get excited about. It's more a case of the grass being greener on the other side I might have bought an Ibiza TDI 160 if I didn't move to the US 10 years ago though, definitely couldn't find anything close from VW & Audi.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you dislike SEAT/Skoda?

The MK4 Leon did look hell lot cooler then mk4 golf. Yeah, not so popular, but still. I have 2005 mk1 Leon with ASV engine. - You know, the one with old, good and reliable 81kw engine. And in 2005. You wouldn't find that on golf in that year.

Current Leon is cool, yeah interior, including the headunit lost its touch with second gen. But still has the cool looking outside.

Skoda sells better in EST, has better resale value. Same year Passat vs. Superb and you can place a bet that superb costs more.
    Although yeah you might hate SKODA-s, because they are used mostly by the police.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

10. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't mean to imply I dislike them, if your comment is addressed to me. My parents have a Mk1 Octavia ALH with 540000km or more, and a Mk2 with a BXE(?) 105 HP. Those have been great and the huge trunk that opens all the way is one of the best features of the car. My sister's Ibiza SDI (handover from my mom), meh, not as reliable electrically. All bought new. But realistically, we picked those because of the price... if VW had a better price on the Polo, that's what my mom would have gotten. If my dad could have gotten a Passat TDI for the same price as the Octavia (yeah right...) he'd be driving that
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

12. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yeah I was telling the natives in our company chat that Seat & Skoda don't have that much to get excited about. It's more a case of the grass being greener on the other side I might have bought an Ibiza TDI 160 if I didn't move to the US 10 years ago though, definitely couldn't find anything close from VW & Audi.
    I've had the Octavia II and just got my Octavia III and the difference is so big that it should have been a model in between. The OII is old and far from its sisters in the VAG group. However the OIII is now on the same level as VW. In fact my 2016 Skoda Octavia Scout is more comfortable and "high-tech" than my 2013 Audi A4 quattro wich I sold just before I got Octavia.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in local Pskov, Russia bar atm and on day i saw many vw polo sedans here.

Never seen one in Estonia before.

Last edited by golfi_vend; 04-02-2016 at 02:42 PM.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

15. Likes Uwe liked this post