jonallport

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hello Forum,

First post, please be gentle!

I've added OEM bluetooth to my Passat to replace the dealer-fit THB unit and reclaim the dash real estate. No problems with the calling/A2DP but I was expecting a new menu to appear on the DIS. What have I missed?

Based on this page http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting I bought a 1k8 035 730a unit and the appropriate wiring loom.

It's an '09 B6 with red DIS (DDP?) and RCD 310 (non-DAB), UK spec, RHD, manual transmission, 8-button MFSW.

What I've done:
Splice harness (+ve, gnd, CAN+, CAN-) at radio quadlock
Add module 77 on the CAN gateway
Factory reset bluetooth module (bought used, so just in case)
Code the bluetooth module (412120)
Recode the steering wheel (0000112)
Pair phone
Make/receive calls (pick-up/hang-up using MFSW)
Stream bluetooth audio

But nothing on the DIS to control the bluetooth; was not expecting phonebook but would at least expect pairing/status.

I've read in other forums/posts that the 1k8 035 730b is the choice for my car and looking at the retrofit page the a & b modules are functionally equivalent.

Full scan (with unrelated modules omitted, can post the rest if you think the doors and ABS are the culprit!):

Code:
Removed.   Data from illegally pirated copies of VCDS is not welcome here

Is there something else I need to code? or do I have false expectations?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
do I have false expectations?
Yes, you do -- specifically that you would find help here in light of the fact that the tool you're using an illegally pirated version of the software we produce for a living. :rolleyes:

-Uwe-

jonallport

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
I was unaware of that! It's a borrowed interface from another DIY-er. I'm afraid at the moment I can't afford one for myself!

I've returned it to him now, but will certainly make him aware. I suspect he has been drawn in by a bargain and to my shame I thought it was kosher too - certainly looked like the ones on your site, even had ross-tech.com branding on it.

Apologies for any offence that may have been caused.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
As you have discovered, the knock offs copy everything - even our branding. Some look really close to our product but when one knows where to look, the differences can be shown. Once a scan is made, then we do know!

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back