Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't complete registration on VCDS Cloud

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos View Post
    Have you used cloud functions on a car? VCDS-Mobile will redirect you to a registration page during first use of cloud functions.
    The Infrastructure video is misleading in that it DOESN'T specify that. I watched the updated version this morning and the narrator just says: "The first time you connect to the VCDS Cloud via VCDS Mobile..." So there needs to be a specific statement on exactly HOW to trigger this connection in the video. An actual written procedure/user manual is needed. I had to create training steps in the Air Force and it was impressed on me to write each step down then rather then rely on memory and audio-visual. A good technical writer could help you out there. BTW, can you list the VCDS-Cloud modules?

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnooooa4 View Post
    I just tried to use my HEXNET to code something this weekend and got this error. No way to bypass it to do actual coding. Is the only way to create a vcds-cloud account is via HEXNET? Any other workarounds available? Thanks!
    We think we found and fixed the issue. Please try registering again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
    The Infrastructure video is misleading in that it DOESN'T specify that. I watched the updated version this morning and the narrator just says: "The first time you connect to the VCDS Cloud via VCDS Mobile..." So there needs to be a specific statement on exactly HOW to trigger this connection in the video.
    Uh, it shows you how in the video at that point. However, I don't think that will be the preferred way for very long.

An actual written procedure/user manual is needed.
    Yes, and I expect there will eventually be one. However, things are too much in flux right now, and everyone's plate is overflowing. Also, we've found that videos seem to get through to more of our customers than an actual, old-school written manual that very few people actually want to take the time to read, so that's where we've invested what resources we have available.

A good technical writer could help you out there.
    Agreed. If you know of a good one who's actually interested in this stuff, we'd be interested in talking to him.

BTW, can you list the VCDS-Cloud modules?
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    We think we found and fixed the issue. Please try registering again.
    I just registered. I wasn't able to view saved files, but then I only tried that once.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like progress!

-Uwe-

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG View Post
    I just registered. I wasn't able to view saved files, but then I only tried that once.

Can you try logging in VCDS-Cloud.com? It should display your saved log files. You do not need to be plugged into a vehicle.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you try logging in VCDS-Cloud.com? It should display your saved log files. You do not need to be plugged into a vehicle.
    Hey, that worked! Thanks. For some reason, I didn't see the last scan that I saved, but at least I'm registered and can go there to look. I'll try to sort this out tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    BTW, can you list the VCDS-Cloud modules?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

-Uwe-
    Which of the modules in VCDS-Mobile will trigger the VCDS-Cloud.com screen? Are there certain ones or will any/all of them do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The question still doesn't make much sense, but... Once you've created a Cloud account (as described in the latest FAQ entry) you can log into that account to view or download your saved files using any browser on any device/computer.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worked for me today. Was able to get into Adaptation and change a value. When I removed and reconnected the HEX NET, the new value was still in. Was also able to log into VCDS-Cloud from my computer. Thanks.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post