Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't complete registration on VCDS Cloud

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't complete registration on VCDS Cloud

When I try to use cloud functions and am redirected to the vcds-cloud.com to login or register, I am unable to create an account. I didn't see any other posts about this, so either it's working for other folks, or it's not yet functional and I'm the first to try it.

The page lists the right serial number in "this interface will be addded to it:", but the "Customer Info:" box is completely blank.

I enter a username (green "Available" appears), and then a password twice (green "Matches" appears), and after I click the "Register" button I get the dreaded red text for "Login Failed Incorrect username/password." The password I'm trying to set is alphanumeric, no special characters, and I tried to log in with those credentials in case the account got created anyway -- no dice.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are looking into the issue on our end and will get back to you shortly.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    We may have found the issue. Please try and register again.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Registration worked, and I'm able to use all cloud functions now. Thanks!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the exact same issue, wouldn't let it go through via windows laptop or my ipad mini, finally tried it again on my phone and it went right through( this was a couple of days ago)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have saved a couple of scans to the cloud, I think;however, I can't figure out how to register for it or get to it.

Where do I look for cloud instructions?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dopo View Post
    I enter a username (green "Available" appears), and then a password twice (green "Matches" appears), and after I click the "Register" button I get the dreaded red text for "Login Failed Incorrect username/password." The password I'm trying to set is alphanumeric, no special characters, and I tried to log in with those credentials in case the account got created anyway -- no dice.
    I just tried to use my HEXNET to code something this weekend and got this error. No way to bypass it to do actual coding. Is the only way to create a vcds-cloud account is via HEXNET? Any other workarounds available? Thanks!

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnooooa4 View Post
    Is the only way to create a vcds-cloud account is via HEXNET?
    Correct.

We need to take a look at the cloud server and see whats going on. I'll talk to our programmers tomorrow and see if we can get this fixed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mnooooa4 View Post
    Any other workarounds available? Thanks!
    You can use VCDS on a PC with the HEX-NET interface.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG View Post
    I have saved a couple of scans to the cloud, I think;however, I can't figure out how to register for it or get to it.

Where do I look for cloud instructions?
    Have you used cloud functions on a car? VCDS-Mobile will redirect you to a registration page during first use of cloud functions.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Santos.

Uwe informed me in another thread that the option to use the cloud function is only available when you are working with an individual module. I haven't done that yet since I'm still trying to figure out why AutoScan isn't picking up all the diagnostic-capable modules on my 2000 Eurovan Winnebago camper. Once I get that sorted out I will get into individual modules and find the cloud function. Shaun is working with me on that problem.