Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! i'm at my wit's end. No throttle response at all. 2001 A4 Audi Avant Quat

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Bentley the best source for wiring diagrams so I can properly check the voltages to the ecu?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Is Bentley the best source for wiring diagrams so I can properly check the voltages to the ecu?
    Bentley repair manuals are fine to use for this year of vehicle, they did supplied the NAR dealers with the same information called AESIS up to about 2005/6.

- You can also have a look here for the Official Factory Repair Information links.

Beyond 2009 model years will need to refer to the erWin websites for the Official Factory Repair Information.

We also have provided you 'How to read wiring diagrams - the videos '

Hope that helps,

drpeter

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    did u have any issues before the swap

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the links DrPeter

Quote Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
    Hello,

Bentley repair manuals are fine to use for this year of vehicle, they did supplied the NAR dealers with the same information called AESIS up to about 2005/6.

- You can also have a look here for the Official Factory Repair Information links.

Beyond 2009 model years will need to refer to the erWin websites for the Official Factory Repair Information.

We also have provided you 'How to read wiring diagrams - the videos '

Hope that helps,

drpeter
    Very helpful! I ended up using erwin from your links. The videos were a nice refresher too! I'm trying to learn how to fully navigate erwin now but I have found the schematics I need. I think I have enough data to do some tests tomorrow.
    Sorry for the slow reply. I didn't realize that we were on page two so I didn't see the new posts.

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

No previous issues before the swap

Quote Originally Posted by bar&kevs View Post
    did u have any issues before the swap
    No issues at all. Aside from a leaky automatic, it ran great. I should say that I have had the neighbor kid helping. I'm not as spry as I used to be. Lord knows what he might have done as I didn't watch the whole time. It should have worked with no issues from all that I have read about doing this swap. One thing that I know of was that he wired the main positive alternator lead to ground on the starter. Fortunately it didn't fry the alternator. I don't see any obvious link from that to the current issue though. Perhaps he got rough with the o2 sensor wiring. I understand that is a common cause of this sort of problem is caused by shorting the higher voltage heater wire to the low voltage wire and blasting the ecu. Could be he dropped the accelerator pedal in a bucket of water for all I know though.

Again, sorry for the slow reply. I didn't get a notice of reply in my email and whenever I checked the thread, I didn't look for a second page.

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post