Not open for further replies.

33ASY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=259651
Hey guys,
I was trying out some of the things like the windows going up if it rains and driving school mode and stuff, and when I finished, i went for a drive and noticed my lights inside the car on the roof are on, and are staying on.

Front and back, pushing the switches makes no difference. When I lock the car, they turn off, however while driving they stay on regardless of the light switch position.

I have a 2015 Australian MY15 Golf R with Driver Assistance Package.

I'm not sure what option I changed and I didn't know about the log thing until now. Does anyone know what setting that is or what I might have done. I feel so bad right now. I dont know how I did it, I didn't think I changed anything other than what was written and I went and undid all of them and its still on..

Hopefully someone knows something.

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
Welcome to the forum.

When you have a problem/query with anything you ALWAYS post a full AutoScan of the vehicle in question whether there are any fault codes shown or not as there is more useful system info in there. How to post an Auto-Scan

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hey guys,
I was trying out some of the things like the windows going up if it rains and driving school mode and stuff, and when I finished, i went for a drive and noticed my lights inside the car on the roof are on, and are staying on.

Front and back, pushing the switches makes no difference. When I lock the car, they turn off, however while driving they stay on regardless of the light switch position.

I have a 2015 Australian MY15 Golf R with Driver Assistance Package.

I'm not sure what option I changed and I didn't know about the log thing until now. Does anyone know what setting that is or what I might have done. I feel so bad right now. I dont know how I did it, I didn't think I changed anything other than what was written and I went and undid all of them and its still on..

Hopefully someone knows something.

33asy: Wow - the constant interior lights must be very annoying (especially at night)!. As Keith says, an autoscan report would be very helpful. While you are putting this together, you might also try to extract a copy of the Codinglog.txt file and place it in your next response. Not sure if you are aware of this little-gem (my apology if you do), but the Codinglog.txt file lives in the Ross Tech >VCDS>Debug directory on the laptop that you used for your cable. It's a nifty file that containes information about every change that you asked your VCDS cable to make (as distinct from every change that was actually made).

Anyhow, if you are able to post-up a copy of the contents of this file, we can get a better idea of what changes were actually requested when you were "trying out" stuff!
Cheers
Don

PS: Incidentally, did you get the Auto Rain close tweak to work - many haven't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back