Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wifi device avalability for Europe

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Wifi device avalability for Europe

When do you expect the Wifi device to be available for Europe?
    Does this device also has better support for the MQB platform? For example changing the speed for highwaylights or do the coding for rainclosing?
    I am also member from the Skodaforum.nl and I see people hasitate to buy products from Ross Tech because there is a European manufacturer of devices who is rising in coding software/equipment.

I hope you cabn answer this.

A very satisfied VCDS user

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ertromp View Post
    When do you expect the Wifi device to be available for Europe?
    Later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ertromp View Post
    Does this device also has better support for the MQB platform? For example changing the speed for highwaylights or do the coding for rainclosing?
    I don't think this is a question of "device", but more a question of documentation what really actually needs to be done.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about using HEX-NET outside US? I have possibility to purchase it in US, but ... are there something what I need to know before I will pack it to my suitcase and go to Europe?

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We're not ready to support outside the US. So, if you do as you say, when we see the IP outside the US, we will likely not assist you through any difficulties. Please, allow us the courtesy to decide where we want to support users and to move the product through this Beta period. Thank you.

5. Likes jakematic, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Enriquez View Post
    What about using HEX-NET outside US? I have possibility to purchase it in US, but ... are there something what I need to know before I will pack it to my suitcase and go to Europe?
    I have been using one for a few weeks now. Based on my experiences and some educated guesswork, I suspect all the Cloud functions at present are very sensitive to network latency, jitter, and packet loss. The speed of light being pretty fixed, crossing an ocean will multiply the latency problem. I say at present because I'm sure Ross-Tech intends this to be a global product before it exits Beta, therefore that condition won't last forever.

If I'm right, I believe I know exactly why it's sensitive. It can be addressed but it's a non-trivial challenge. However, Ross-Tech seems to be pretty consistent about their Beta PR strategy and I don't want to tread on their toes speculating further in public.

Jason

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Later this year.

I don't think this is a question of "device", but more a question of documentation what really actually needs to be done.

-Uwe-
    What about RoW? I need to start dropping hints to the other half for my Xmas present now!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You. This information I didn't found anywhere - just "we do not sell outside US". It's important to know it, because I need to buy another interface (2nd one) and now I have consider - wait for HEX-NET or buy HEX+CAN.

Thanks again, will wait for "Later this Year"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    I have been using one for a few weeks now. Based on my experiences and some educated guesswork, I suspect all the Cloud functions at present are very sensitive to network latency, jitter, and packet loss. The speed of light being pretty fixed, crossing an ocean will multiply the latency problem.
    More sensitive than we would like, yes. We do have some Alpha testers overseas, some in places as as remote as South Africa, where we're looking at best-case ping times of 300 ms or more.

I say at present because I'm sure Ross-Tech intends this to be a global product before it exits Beta, therefore that condition won't last forever.
    Correct. I expect we will extend the Beta to be to non-US customers at some point. I also anticipate making the HEX-NET itself a non-Beta product (as a wireless interface for VCDS running on a PC) while VCDS-Mobile (and the associated cloud functions) remain "Beta" for a while longer. However, I can't give dates for any of this.

If I'm right, I believe I know exactly why it's sensitive. It can be addressed but it's a non-trivial challenge. However, Ross-Tech seems to be pretty consistent about their Beta PR strategy and I don't want to tread on their toes speculating further in public.
    I would he happy to hear your theory in private. I think you know where to find me.

-Uwe-

10. Likes jyoung8607, D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct. I expect we will extend the Beta to be to non-US customers at some point. I also anticipate making the HEX-NET itself a non-Beta product (as a wireless interface for VCDS running on a PC) while VCDS-Mobile (and the associated cloud functions) remain "Beta" for a while longer.
    Seems logical.

I would he happy to hear your theory in private. I think you know where to find me.
    I PM'd you with my theories a little while ago. Was I close?

Jason

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

The last entry is now more then 2 month old. Any news when the HEX-NET interface will become available for Europe customers?

I'm desperately waiting for this product.

Ross-Tech, please release it for Europe, please.

Regards

Richard