Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 03 GTI 1.8t rough idle (misfire). Multiple DTC's

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to verify keyways and all timing marks + adjuster and chain + oil PSI!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes Uwe, DimeGuy, vwtech liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, Yes... I agree. I just find it very strange that it changed suddenly. (while parked in a supermarket parking lot). I was wondering if something wasn't tightened and a nut/bolt backed out slowly. In all of my years as a dealership technician, I've never seen this. In my experience, whenever failures happen, they are almost instantly or within the first few miles...

Anyhow, Thank you all who have chimed in with their thoughts. I really appreciate your input. If we were all local to each other, I'd have to buy you boys a round (after the problem was fixed...LOL!).

So, now I'm off to verify correct alignment of the components... sigh.

4. Likes Jack@European_Parts, vwtech liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can the crankcase pressure be measured with VAG-COM?

2010 VW Tiguan with 2.0T engine

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elkm36a View Post
    Can the crankcase pressure be measured with VAG-COM?
    A nit-picking terminology point: Nothing can be measured with VCDS. VCDS can only tell you what the car itself knows and is willing to report. So first and foremost, the question is: Does the car have a sensor to measure the pressure you're interested in? It's not entirely clear to me whether you're looking for oil pressure or the pressure of the gasses in your crank case. After you answer, I'll probably split these posts into a new thread since the question doesn't have anything to do with a 2003 1.8T.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes Jack@European_Parts, vwtech liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could install a PSI gage in the block and monitor PSI going forward..........

I recommend it for comparing synthetic oils, verse SAE type, while keeping an eye on the PCV system.

Studies have shown......... that SAE oil can seal combustion gasses via the rings, by almost double when compared to synthetic oils.......

Something to ponder people, and test for yourself.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........