Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No crank, no start! Please help...

Post Thanks / Like
    This is one I am talking about, look just picture, do not pay tension about what is says in post:
    https://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost....38&postcount=1
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW)
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK
    email: marinmm2001@gmail.com , info@advancedcarelectronics.com
    https://www.advancedcarelectronics.com/

2. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User zacharyprice's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All:

I am currently looking into everyone's suggestions. I took a half day off of work in order to get some time to do so. There is a new symptom that I'd like to report.

When I turn on the car (all symptoms normal with the exception of a louder alarm - I assume it is related with the current faulty condition) there is a constant, repetitive and expeditious clicking coming from the device attached to the very front-top of the engine.
    "Teamwork makes the dream work!"

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Relays ......Terminals 15 30 and 75..........?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Relays ......Terminals 15 30 and 75..........?
    Jack, I checked out Terminal 30 on the fuse box in the engine bay and is was good (physically and resistance wise). There was only one other relay on that fuse box so I checked it as well and it too was good.

According to this diagram I am reading (see image below) it appears that there is a set of relays behind the dash underneath the steering wheel. This is something I just stumbled upon and have not checked yet. Would this be the Terminals 30 & 15 you are referring to?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just checked for that set of relays behind the dash and they do not exist

Post Thanks / Like
    ALL:

Just a status update...

I found the "in-line" fuse which is the plate fuse that Jetta97 was speaking about. I personally have never seen one like this before so I had skipped right over it. I checked it out and it is good. Check images below. I also checked the terminal board and verified the continuity of the fuse from each cable to the other side of the board, across the screw on the smaller plate (again, see image).

I have also attached two images showcasing the object that was expeditiously clicking when I had a full charge. I am guessing it may be a MAF or something as there is a 2.5-3" hose connected to the bottom of it.

Again I thank you all for your advice and look forward to your continued assistance.

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to put that inline fuse back and You need to check do you get 12V on each cable not continuity.
    You need to have 12V on all of them all the time.
    I never said to remove it, I said check voltage.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW)
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK
    email: marinmm2001@gmail.com , info@advancedcarelectronics.com
    https://www.advancedcarelectronics.com/

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see you played fuse box but I also see you didn't touch that ground strap on body.........

Check ground points and trace the terminal relays + ignition switch with tone generator to BCM and inspect the inside of the BCM for burn down visually.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    If fuses and relais okay, I would say new Engine Controller, know somebody that just did the same with an VW Scirocco.

12. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, I really doubt that the ECU is the problem. How can you then explain a no crank ? Have NOT looked at the wiring diagram for this car, but on most of the cars I have been looking into, the circuit for the starter motor is completely independent of the ECU. I would more closely look at the ignition switch. Get a WD and start measuring. And how do you check the relay's ? Do you put power to them and really check that they do their job (closes the correct terminals) ? Or do you just ohm them ?

Does EVERYTHING else works ? (wipers, seat heating, turn signals, headlights etc). If you send me the VIN and a picture of the service tag (with engine code, gear code etc etc) I can look at the wiring diagram (IF I have it since you are in the US and I am in europe) and give you some hints.

Edit: I now see that this car is 2012. Then you guys are probably correct, the steering coloum electronics controls the starter motor togetheter with the ECU. Somehow I was thinking that this car was made shortly before 2000. I would then check that the ECU have power input on the correct pins.
    Last edited by LN-TAL; 01-13-2016 at 03:25 AM.