Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Skoda Fabia MY16 Power Steering fault

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello ConD,

We do not have a TRW_G4L_MQBA0 procedure to offer but there may be an update in this thread moving forward: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post171959

Even though your VCDS interface can't decrypt it, you are in the same crash shut down boat. A HEX-NET or HEX-V2 would show:

Crash Shut-Down Activated DEM_FRONT_CRASH_FAULT

I'll revisit our emails and forum threads containing TRW_G4L_MQBA0 with Crash Shut-Down and report back if I locate any SA codes that may be worth testing.

2. Likes ConD, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Dana for your answer! The newer Polo is just the same as this Arona, so I'll start following that thread also.

Even though I wasn't able to decrypt that fault code, dealer was and we knew that it was the "same issue" as in this thread. But what we didn't know until yesterday was the version differences between components.

So... just now we need to wait and figure out what to do until some solutions are found...
    VW Touareg 3.0TDI 2012

4. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe it will be of much assistance but we've had a handful of individuals report TRW_G4L_MQBA0 modules accept SA code 19249. For instance:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...e-deactivation

Based on the fact that "pre conditions not met" is shown with Odis, VCP and VCDS I'm under the impression this is a procedure problem rather than the lack of correct SA code.

Either way, in an email reply to someone this spring I wrote "I don't believe SA codes 17580 or 20103 are going to be accepted by this TRW_G4L_MQBA0 rack. Make sure your Advanced measuring value group [*IDE00323-IDE01022*] Security Access: Number of invalid keys - Incorrect key code inputs counter isn't above 2 because most modules lock-out at 3 and refuse perfectly valid codes at that point."

Followed by "This is a list of wild guesses based on modern MQB SA codes known to be accepted by 44 modules:

44595"

I did not receive any feedback via e-mail but Shuhel may be able to test those (if they haven't already been discussed or ruled out in our forum).

6. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, ConD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ConD View Post
    So... just now we need to wait and figure out what to do until some solutions are found...
    ...and after a while, our fellow guru found the solution:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post175962

So this issue is in a way dealt with. Please ask downtime for more information.
    VW Touareg 3.0TDI 2012

8. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    if only we can find a way with vcds iv still got hope