Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hex-Net not connecting to my iPhone

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Hex-Net not connecting to my iPhone

I have got my hex net working properly on my laptop but can't seem to get it to work on my iPhone. I've followed the steps to a tee on the instructional video and still can't get it to even pop up. Help please. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you trying to connect in Access Point or Infrastructure mode? If AP, is the middle LED on the HEX-NET orange? Does the HEX-NET show up as a network on the laptop and on your phone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Let's start with conceptual basics: Unless you've configured your iPhone as a mobile hotspot and you're running the HEX-NET in Infrastructure mode, the HEX-NET doesn't connect to the iPhone; the iPhone connects to the HEX-NET.

The place to start is to put the HEX-NET is in AP mode (WiFi LED orange), then go to your phone's WiFi settings and scan for networks. What happens when you do this?

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can find the hex net address and connect to its wifi, but then don't seem to be able to get on the internet through that connection. I type in the IP address and is says cannot connect.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 67sattelite View Post
    I can find the hex net address and connect to its wifi, but then don't seem to be able to get on the internet through that connection.
    You will not be able to get to the internet, nor VCDS-Cloud, in AP mode.
    The HEX-NET is servicing only the connected device.

I type in the IP address and is says cannot connect.
    Which IP address in which mode ?
    Fing is an excellent tool, among many, for finding the HEX-NET.

2012 A8L 4.2 Oolong/Titanium. Premium, LED, Driver assist, Rear seat comfort, Dual pane, Alcantara, Panorama

6. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I believe I've tried every possible combination. I used fing to find my proper IP address and still nothing I've watched the videos a couple times and wondering if I need to go back in with my laptop and set up another profile for my phone and select it before it will work with my phone?

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which iphone do you have? which version of IOS? is it jailbroken?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It depends on how you're trying to use it. First you said that you "can't seem to get it to work on my iPhone." Then you said: "I can find the hex net address and connect to its wifi, but then don't seem to be able to get on the internet through that connection."

Please explain in detail how you have things configured.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    wondering if I need to go back in with my laptop and set up another profile for my phone and select it before it will work with my phone?
    I have mine setup like this:

Profile 1 is AP mode, iPhone connects to HN1-000176
    Profile 2 is Tethering, HEX-NET connects to "Jake's iPhone"
    Profile 3 is home, HEX-NET connects to home network

This way when powered up it will look for my iPhone before it looks for my home network.
    The IP address for the HEX-NET will be different on each.

As said below, more details are required

2012 A8L 4.2 Oolong/Titanium. Premium, LED, Driver assist, Rear seat comfort, Dual pane, Alcantara, Panorama

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 4s iOS 7.1, it is not jailbroken. I've tried in AP MODE by connecting to the hex nets wifi and then go to google and enter the IP address, I've tried the hex nets address and my phones address both. I've also tried turning on my hotspot and done the same for infrastructure mode. I know I'm probably doing something stupid wrong or overlooking something.