Status
Not open for further replies.

67sattelite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214052
I have got my hex net working properly on my laptop but can't seem to get it to work on my iPhone. I've followed the steps to a tee on the instructional video and still can't get it to even pop up. Help please. Thank you!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Are you trying to connect in Access Point or Infrastructure mode? If AP, is the middle LED on the HEX-NET orange? Does the HEX-NET show up as a network on the laptop and on your phone?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Let's start with conceptual basics: Unless you've configured your iPhone as a mobile hotspot and you're running the HEX-NET in Infrastructure mode, the HEX-NET doesn't connect to the iPhone; the iPhone connects to the HEX-NET.

The place to start is to put the HEX-NET is in AP mode (WiFi LED orange), then go to your phone's WiFi settings and scan for networks. What happens when you do this?

-Uwe-

67sattelite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214052
I can find the hex net address and connect to its wifi, but then don't seem to be able to get on the internet through that connection. I type in the IP address and is says cannot connect.

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
I can find the hex net address and connect to its wifi, but then don't seem to be able to get on the internet through that connection.

You will not be able to get to the internet, nor VCDS-Cloud, in AP mode.
The HEX-NET is servicing only the connected device.

3modes_zps862bde13.png

I type in the IP address and is says cannot connect.

Which IP address in which mode ?
Fing is an excellent tool, among many, for finding the HEX-NET.

67sattelite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214052
Ok, I believe I've tried every possible combination. I used fing to find my proper IP address and still nothing I've watched the videos a couple times and wondering if I need to go back in with my laptop and set up another profile for my phone and select it before it will work with my phone?

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Which iphone do you have? which version of IOS? is it jailbroken?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It depends on how you're trying to use it. First you said that you "can't seem to get it to work on my iPhone." Then you said: "I can find the hex net address and connect to its wifi, but then don't seem to be able to get on the internet through that connection."

Please explain in detail how you have things configured.

-Uwe-

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
wondering if I need to go back in with my laptop and set up another profile for my phone and select it before it will work with my phone?

I have mine setup like this:
ScreenShot2014-05-08at171322_zps10c76bcf.png

Profile 1 is AP mode, iPhone connects to HN1-000176
Profile 2 is Tethering, HEX-NET connects to "Jake's iPhone"
Profile 3 is home, HEX-NET connects to home network

This way when powered up it will look for my iPhone before it looks for my home network.
The IP address for the HEX-NET will be different on each.

As said below, more details are required :)

67sattelite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214052
I have a 4s iOS 7.1, it is not jailbroken. I've tried in AP MODE by connecting to the hex nets wifi and then go to google and enter the IP address, I've tried the hex nets address and my phones address both. I've also tried turning on my hotspot and done the same for infrastructure mode. I know I'm probably doing something stupid wrong or overlooking something.

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
connecting to the hex nets wifi and then go to google and enter the IP address

In AP mode you should put in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar (where you'd see http:// normally) of Google Chrome or Safari.

Same as when it's tethered as shown here:
ScreenShot2014-05-08at173552_zpse78c8518.png

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Lets start from the beginning. Make sure the HEX-NET is in AP mode.

Go into settings, and locate the wirless network generated by the HEX-NET. It will match the serial number on the device.

ExqtnK3.png

Click the network and wait a few seconds until it has a check next to the network name.

Then open safari. Click the address bar at the top and delete any address stored. once cleared, type in 192.168.0.1

vcgeKY9.png

It should open a page that looks like this:

bmGWrVt.png

67sattelite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214052
So I should turn my hotspot on in AP mode also?

67sattelite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214052
I just tried again, still nothing. Do you think it's the fact that I don't have a profile set up for it? My LEDs are showing green, orange, flashing green. This AP mode right? Once that is showing up, all I believe that I have to do is go into Google and type in 192.168.0.1 After I do this, it takes a long time to tell me that it can't access it

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Do not enter the ip address into google. As Jake suggested, enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar at the top of the page.

In AP mode you should put in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar (where you'd see http:// normally) of Google Chrome or Safari.

Same as when it's tethered as shown here:
ScreenShot2014-05-08at173552_zpse78c8518.png

I suspect google is cached and is loading even though you do not have an internet connection.

67sattelite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214052
I just tried the same on safari, exactly that way and it tells me that the server stopped responding. VCDS doesn't come up at all

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My LEDs are showing green, orange, flashing green. This AP mode right?
Right.

Once that is showing up, all I believe that I have to do is go into Google and type in 192.168.0.1
Uh, no. ;)

I just tried the same on safari, exactly that way and it tells me that the server stopped responding. VCDS doesn't come up at all
Have you gone into your iPhone's settings and connected its WiFi to the HEX-NET's access point?

-Uwe-

67sattelite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214052
Ok, I just noticed that under the HN1-000731 there is no ross tech like shows up on your wifi page

67sattelite

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214052
Alright, I just tried my sons phone which is a 5c and it came up, it was slow but it showed up. I have an IOS update waiting to be installed. I'll try that and then try again. THANK YOU ALL for your help!!! I'll let you know what happens. Again THANK YOU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back