Lane assist calibration

seb60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117872
Hello,

Is it possible to make the calibration of the camera on MQB plateform with vagcom?

there are different menu

Resetting of all adaptations values
(It's OKay i understand)

Search calibration target
(it's okay i have the mask pattern for calibration)

But
Static calibration (customer service) and Static calibration (end of assembly line) , do not operate , error error error.

So it possible to do this on vagcom ?
If we can , can we have explication ?

thank you

seb60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117872
Thank you Uwe ,

Now i m sure VAGCOM cant make calibration of lane assist camera.
For do this we must buy VAGCANPRO or ODIS :(

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
Well, I have done it with VCDS, on a Skoda Octavia (5E) MQB 2015.
Do you have the correct equipment ?

seb60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117872
Yes i have , i use a poster for calibration.
First i reset all adaptation
Second i click on search calibration pattern -> OK
third i click on Static calibration (customer service) -> ERROR

Could you explain me how to proceed for the calibration ?

Last edited:

seb60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117872
Try again : REQUEST ERROR SEQUENCE ?
any help ?

seb60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117872
Hello
I use home made Calibration poster , i ll post picture when i ll be at home.

For procedure distance between poster and center of front wheels 1m50.
poster correctly adujsted .
On vcds i enter the security code accès 20103 .
Click on basic setting

In basic setting i have select search Target Calibration -> ok finished
After i have select static Calibration (customer service) ~> message recquest sequence error

Last edited:

seb60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117872
???
poster is ok ? so what wrong?

seb60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117872
Calibration DONE with ODIS , with VAGCOM lost of time , and not able to do that propeply ..........

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
Bonjour Seb60, I don't want Uwe to say "english speaking please", so I speak english.
As you're French, have you another way to share your experience in French?
I have the same problem than you. All is done but no one accept to calibrate the cam. I also think that with VCDS it'll be a loss of time... and here, although I'm really happy to get a very huge help, I had no answer how to get ODIS legally - and I understand that- . Thank you for your answer.

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
Well, I have done it with VCDS, on a Skoda Octavia (5E) MQB 2015.
Do you have the correct equipment ?

OK, I'm really happy to read that but I'm septical, according to all I read over forums.
Are you sure it's possible even if the camera calibration mismatch with VIN number?

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
Are you sure it's possible even if the camera calibration mismatch with VIN number?
No idea, but if that should be an problem for VCDS, I guess it would also be a problem for odis.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
your calibration target board is NOT in the correct position, period. it may look like it is, but that's the reason why the factory calibration jig has lasers, to align the board within a VERY tight tolerance.

further more, I don't believe VCDS is the problem, as I tried calibration at home with ODIS as well (no need for online account), and it never worked, even if it "found the calibration target".

when I gave up and went to the glass center, calibration took 5 minutes, successful at first attempt (after laser align for the board, of course). proper calibration also clears out the "VIN mismatch" error right away.

I have also read of people doing it with the most empiric methods, but this was my experience. go to somebody with the real jig, damn it, it's a safety feature.

side note: if you do "reset all adaptations" with VCDS, you wipe the dataset, on any given module. then VCDS CANNOT RESTORE THIS (maybe there should be a more explicit disclaimer about this).

Reactions: Uwe

rhinopower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58979
your calibration target board is NOT in the correct position, period. it may look like it is, but that's the reason why the factory calibration jig has lasers, to align the board within a VERY tight tolerance.

further more, I don't believe VCDS is the problem, as I tried calibration at home with ODIS as well (no need for online account), and it never worked, even if it "found the calibration target".

when I gave up and went to the glass center, calibration took 5 minutes, successful at first attempt (after laser align for the board, of course). proper calibration also clears out the "VIN mismatch" error right away.

I have also read of people doing it with the most empiric methods, but this was my experience. go to somebody with the real jig, damn it, it's a safety feature.

side note: if you do "reset all adaptations" with VCDS, you wipe the dataset, on any given module. then VCDS CANNOT RESTORE THIS (maybe there should be a more explicit disclaimer about this).

I did mine at home with a target board printed out on 30 pieces of A4 paper stuck together, handing on the side of a trailer at work. It works perfect :)

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
man, I just reported my experience. the board was even professionally printed, and on a panel, not on paper. a friend and I spent a good hour in making sure the car was as aligned as possible, with the little tools we had. nothing.

maybe we just had wrong info about where the board should be. when I had the camera calibrated at the glass center, they did not let me in so I don't know how it exactly happened.

Reactions: Uwe

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
Ok, we all have experiences and it's really interesting. Not to search who is right but to find why and how it works. You both let me understand that it's not a question of board quality but a right position of the car. I think so.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Right position of the car and the right position of the board in relation of the car.

I’ve seen official calibration process in person and it really is not rocket science. You need to have possibility to elevate and move the board. And it is VERY precise process. First calibration run failed as there was too much deviation from reference. After small readjustment it went through.
So if you do it in your garage, adjustment adjustment and adjustment. It will pass ��

Most important thing is that the board and the car are level.

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
Yes indeed, I'll use cross laser and weld an adjustable support like they use at car glass center. And I don't think it'll take only few minutes...perhaps some hours or a whole weekend.:o
I'm happy to read all of your comments, it's not magic and if I try to do my best, it should work.
I'll ask the bodybuilder in my little town to make it there. The ground is really smooth and flat, and there's more place.

sam1754

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324989
Anybody can tell me how to do with VCDS, please? I looked at "basic settings" for A5 module and saw "searching target", I think it's the first thing to do but after that???

Back