Vcds connection problem

mark 6

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a problem in connecting my interface HEX+CAN Dual-K &CAN-USB (Rev.B) on my lap top (Windows 10) since I cannot install the drivers and I tried on another laptop (Windows 7) succesfully installing the drivers but in both cases when I press TEST for the USB port I get the same message "Ross-Tech interface not found
USB library version 03.02.07. Interface not found.
Any help will be appreciated .
Thanks!

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
On both laptops, are you using USB3 ports? There's a couple of problems with the way later Windows controls the power to the ports. Try using a USB2 port. The interface doesn't need to be plugged into the car to get a successful test.

If you can, would you post a photograph of the label of your interface please?

mark 6

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi zener diode.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I have checked both laptops, here's what I've found:

The win7 laptop has all USB 3.0 slots.
The win10 laptop has indeed one USB 2.0 slot while another one is a USB 3.0 as indicated by the blue socket colour. However, I cannot seem to install the drivers found in the VAG COM folder.

Is there any chance that USB 3.0 will be supported somehow in a future version as far as you know?

Unless this happens, we will have to find a way to install the drivers on the win10 laptop. I have searched the fora and I have found another user who had a similar issue as me, he solved it by reverting back to a previous version of windows. For your information this is the thread ( http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?4094-Windows-10-pro-VCDS-driver-problems )

Windows 10 is telling me that the drivers cannot be installed for some reason so I am stuck with the "Interface not found" error message upon pressing the Test button on the VCDS UI.

As an additional information, when I connect the interface on both laptops, the LED light on the interface is red, when I connect it to the car it turns to green, so there seems to be a good connection of some sort, possibly eliminating any hardware issues (?)

Since I cannot attach pictures here, I have uploaded them on sendspace. The link can be found here: https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/3g8/aKIj+lLXFhSN7FxWHQ

Cheers!

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607

mark 6

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hello and thanks once again for taking the time.

I am truly sorry, I was not aware such a scam existed, I bought it from a big UK retailer (I will not disclose the website here for obvious reasons but I could if you want me to) and I thought this was the real deal since the pictures found on their website does not show whether it is a fake or not. I could not imagine that I was conn'd by a huge retailer.

Sadly, this was bought a long time ago and I had never used it. Alright, I shall order the real thing now that I know.

Thanks again for your help :)

Back