Thread: Vcds connection problem

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like

Vcds connection problem

Hi guys,
    I have a problem in connecting my interface HEX+CAN Dual-K &CAN-USB (Rev.B) on my lap top (Windows 10) since I cannot install the drivers and I tried on another laptop (Windows 7) succesfully installing the drivers but in both cases when I press TEST for the USB port I get the same message "Ross-Tech interface not found
    USB library version 03.02.07. Interface not found.
    Any help will be appreciated .
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    On both laptops, are you using USB3 ports? There's a couple of problems with the way later Windows controls the power to the ports. Try using a USB2 port. The interface doesn't need to be plugged into the car to get a successful test.

If you can, would you post a photograph of the label of your interface please?

3. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi zener diode.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I have checked both laptops, here's what I've found:

The win7 laptop has all USB 3.0 slots.
    The win10 laptop has indeed one USB 2.0 slot while another one is a USB 3.0 as indicated by the blue socket colour. However, I cannot seem to install the drivers found in the VAG COM folder.

Is there any chance that USB 3.0 will be supported somehow in a future version as far as you know?

Unless this happens, we will have to find a way to install the drivers on the win10 laptop. I have searched the fora and I have found another user who had a similar issue as me, he solved it by reverting back to a previous version of windows. For your information this is the thread ( http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...river-problems )

Windows 10 is telling me that the drivers cannot be installed for some reason so I am stuck with the "Interface not found" error message upon pressing the Test button on the VCDS UI.

As an additional information, when I connect the interface on both laptops, the LED light on the interface is red, when I connect it to the car it turns to green, so there seems to be a good connection of some sort, possibly eliminating any hardware issues (?)

Since I cannot attach pictures here, I have uploaded them on sendspace. The link can be found here: https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/...BlLXFhSN7FxWHQ

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    No support for clones!!!
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

6. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mark 6 View Post
    Since I cannot attach pictures here, I have uploaded them on sendspace. The link can be found here: https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/...BlLXFhSN7FxWHQ
    Hello Simon,

I'm afraid you've bought a pirated clone interface. You won't be able to make it work with VCDS. You should seek a refund from the seller.

Genuine Ross-Tech interfaces can be purchased directly from Ross-Tech's Store or from a Ross-Tech Authorized Distributor.

Jason

8. Likes Uwe, Zenerdiode, Eric liked this post
    Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and thanks once again for taking the time.

I am truly sorry, I was not aware such a scam existed, I bought it from a big UK retailer (I will not disclose the website here for obvious reasons but I could if you want me to) and I thought this was the real deal since the pictures found on their website does not show whether it is a fake or not. I could not imagine that I was conn'd by a huge retailer.

Sadly, this was bought a long time ago and I had never used it. Alright, I shall order the real thing now that I know.

Thanks again for your help

10. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post