Status
Not open for further replies.

RCinSTP

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=136807
I am using VCDS Lite and I have a bench test setup that I use to run the LCD segment test on Passat instrument clusters. When I use the same bench test setup with a 2005 Jetta MKIV cluster I only get a red horizontal line across the middle of the LCD panel. Are Jetta clusters not able to run the segment tests? Or, do Jetta clusters require a different wiring configuration than the Passat?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
The erWin.vw web site is your source for wiring diagrams. I would expect that the MKIV cluster is wired different from the Passat cluster.

Also, the output tests on clusters vary. Perhaps the output test does not include full segment test on the MKIV cluster. Without detail part numbers and such, helpful facts cannot be stated.

Last edited:

RCinSTP

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=136807
Thanks for the help, I appreciate the help with this problem. I checked erWin.vw and the wiring diagram costs $35. I'm not sure if the bench test cable for a Jetta needs to be wired differently than a cable for a Passat, or maybe the Jetta cluster just does not have the test capability? Maybe it's not possible to run segment tests on a Jetta cluster?

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
I'm currently working from memory now, but i remember that bench testing has same pinouts. This is IGN +12v GND and K-Line. What may differ is is the MFA buttons and radio input.

Audi clusters on other hand are total mess. Every year the pinout changes.

Yesterday i matched immo in Bora that had fitted engine from 3.2 TT. I fitted cluster in hope i could read pin from it, but guess what. K-line was in other connector so no easy pin swap. Used some extending wire and got it. Although connectors match 1:1.

Reactions: Uwe

RCinSTP

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=136807
golfi_vend, you are correct, this was operator error. My mistake, I don't know what I did wrong the first time I tried this but I ran the test again and the Segment tests ran correctly, same as the Passat segment tests.

Thanks again Bruce and golfi_vend

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back