2011 VW Polo 1.2 S 3 door UK 6R model - comfort controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaskalsi

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
61a9568e-5b30f9d7-04fe04ca-lchahh-57f2
Hi,

My son who just passed his driving has bought a VW Polo 1.2 litre 6R model. He wants to conduct some mods on it, its no surprise as i had a number of VW's back in the day and did quite a few mods myself.

The VW Polo did not come with a remote locking key fob, so that its a pain to manually lock and unlock the car with a key and is harder at night when its dark to locate the key hole. So been reading the vw polo forum and finding that it could be a plug and play job depending on what version of comfort controller is installed in the car. If it turns out to be the base model comfort controller then purchasing the next comfort controller will certainly give the ability to use VW remote fobs which i will need to purchase and program them in. I will also need to remove the transponder 'pills' from the current keys and glue them into the remote key fobs.

I downloaded your VCDS lite version as i have a 3 party interface, it picks up the engine controller and apart from that doesnt see any other controller. I have tried 09 'electrical control' and 46 'central convenience' and get message back saying "controller not found". I have even tried to change the baud rate down to 4800 and that hasnt help so the question is should VCDS lite pick up the comfort controller ?

I didnt want to purchase VCDS lite until i know it will conduct what we are planning ....

Thanks in advance,

Chas

chaskalsi

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
61a9568e-5b30f9d7-04fe04ca-lchahh-57f2
This is what i have found regards the various comfort control units also referenced as BCM's so hence need to know which one is installed in the car, its highly likey its the Base unit but need to check first and the requirement to read the controller data with vcds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6R0 937 084Basis
6R0 937 085Low / medium
6R0 937 086Medium
6R0 937 087High
6R0 937 088High with start / stop operation
7H0 937 089High daytime running light, driving light assistant and Coming Home Function
7H0 937 090Max
------------------------------------
Translated from German:

base
terminal control
load management
Control brake light, parking and parking lights and interior light
Control indicators and hazard warning lights
Wiper control, front and rear
Control horn
Control defogger rear
Control door control devices
tailgate release
Diagnosis interface for data bus
CAN drive and diagnostics

medium
Central locking (control locks, doors and flaps)
Released Seat heating and Schiebeausstelldach
Driving wheel cleaning system
Control windscreen heater
Control LIN data bus door
Control LIN data bus roof (rain sensor, interior surveillance, inclination sensor, panoramic sunroof)
Heated door mirrors
CAN comfort

medium
Wireless remote (integrated in the control unit antenna)

High
Shift lock, starter interlock
Cruise control
Control LIN data theft alarm system
Drive reverse light, static cornering lights, fog lights

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I downloaded your VCDS lite version as i have a 3 party interface, it picks up the engine controller and apart from that doesnt see any other controller. I have tried 09 'electrical control' and 46 'central convenience' and get message back saying "controller not found". I have even tried to change the baud rate down to 4800 and that hasnt help so the question is should VCDS lite pick up the comfort controller ?
Most of the modules in a 6R Polo require diagnostic communications directly via CAN bus, which VCDS-Lite is not capable of.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back