Anyone access Touareg HVAC servos on pan from under dash with luck?

carboncow

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266014
Seems the concensus is that Vw says to pull dash to access servos that fail all to often. One writer on Club-T says the design makes one think the engineers designed the flat pans (the servos sit on) to slide down and out after putting in SF (service mode).

Wondering if anyone on this site has done, seen or heard rumors of this technique. Lucky my needs is one of the two on the lower pan of the drivers (USA) side. show in bold below.

Code:
Address 08: Auto HVAC	Labels: 7L6-907-044.clb
	Part No SW: 7L6 907 044 AF	
	Component: CLIMAtronic 2+2      4331
	Coding: 0020030
	Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
	VCID: 78B37BE35DA25F8123A3AC-802D

Subsystem 1 - 	Part No SW: 7L6-907-049-F
	Component: CLIMAtronic FOND     0503

2 Faults Found:
01809 - Actuating Motor for Temperature Flap; Left (V158)
	005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

02600 - Rear Right Temperature Flap Motor (V314)
	005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

Rear mix flap (DTC 02600) should be an easy fix this Sunday which I hope to document...while the 01809 has me on the fence. Hoping todo it with pulling the lower kick panel at the least and the knee bolster at the most. Any experience would be helpful!

El Polaco

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148074
Not sure what year Touareg you are working on but I have changed some of the hvac servos on the first gen. Porsche Cayenne by accessing them from under the driver's side pedal area. I think there were 4 on the left side of the console. It should be more or less the same as a Touareg and I was told Porsche would only change all of them with the dash out. All the lower knee bar stuff was removed. Prepared to scratch the hell out of your hands and arms.

Reactions: Uwe

carboncow

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266014
If you look in my thread you see it's a 2008 T2 but I don't think to much has changed from the T1 and T2...but I do have 5 servos on two plates on mine which may be do to the 2+2 4C HVAC system.

I know in my research I saw the Porsche and Vw numbers were pretty much interchangeable for the servos.

Just to clarify did you just remove the lower cover or truly the knee bolster? I cannot remember from my brother-in-laws cayenne if it has a lower knee bolster for the dash like the Touareg!

I've included a link to an image of the two plates I have to remove that slide on pins at the top with two screws at the bottom to release them. Similar design?

EDIT: I should add I have a really skinny smart kid at work who works for me that's going to be my contortionist for this project. I'll let him bloody the hands. I have a feeling the lower dash will need to come out so that will be issue. To bad Vw in their wisdom didn't make the lower dash and/or upper dash in two parts (left vs right) as it would have made everyones life much much much easier.

p-SgXAhAxxt5XjCUkh8Qwj399hmV5d8_SszrHQ8dIjk

Back