Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Security Access for USA 2016 MK7 Golf R - 17/Instruments

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Nathan. Hi. Not your fault, but withstanding the authorship of the post on your link - the original creator of this tweak was "dmc_" (who is a forum colleague on VW Vortex). The net is replete with examples of such copies which have no attribution and the original authors can either consider this to be outright plagiarism, or the most sincere form of flattery - the latter view is far less stressful IMO!

Anyhow, the tweak was originally intended (by dmc_) to disable the recent practice on your NAR mk7s, not to illuminate the cluster display when the rotary light switch was on the parking light position (hence the setting that is used : lds - which is what VW call their rotary light switch).

On older model clusters for the mk7, the Illumination_algorithm-Scale_switching_algorithm isn't available-so I can't test my hypothesis. But there are other settings in the earlier adaptation channel which has the simpler descriptor illumination_algorithm. If the channel in the more modern version of the instrument cluster also have other options - you could experiment with these settings (I suspect) which may deliver a more appropriate lighting effect - maybe.

Don
    Hi Don, yes, unfortunately it's not surprising that the original creator wasn't credited. I tried to do so by posting the link instead of copying/pasting the tweak, but of course I didn't know to go any deeper than that.

With the setting at lds, the cluster lights are on in any position except "off". This is the first tweak I have seen that enables ALL of the cluster lights to be on in "auto" mode. I believe you have shared a tweak before that turned on the steering wheel and button lights but not the instruments.

Unfortunately "lds" and "parking_light" were the only options on that channel.

2. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This worked for my MY16 octavia, I have re-posted it onto the briskoda forum for people there to see.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan16mk7R View Post
    Hi Don, yes, unfortunately it's not surprising that the original creator wasn't credited. I tried to do so by posting the link instead of copying/pasting the tweak, but of course I didn't know to go any deeper than that.

With the setting at lds, the cluster lights are on in any position except "off". This is the first tweak I have seen that enables ALL of the cluster lights to be on in "auto" mode. I believe you have shared a tweak before that turned on the steering wheel and button lights but not the instruments.

Unfortunately "lds" and "parking_light" were the only options on that channel.
    Looks like I spoke too soon. It does NOT keep the steering wheel and button lights on during the day, and the media system goes back to day setting as normal.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    So I just attempted to modify the dimming_characteristic_curve_adjustment_internal_p hototransistor set with no success. The code is initially accepted, but then going into modify the above adaptation results in the controller requesting security access again. I haven't tried any other adaptation channels, but I will do a little more experimenting...

Code:
    Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels: 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb
       Part No SW: 5G1 920 758 A    HW: 5G1 920 758 A
       Component: KOMBI         302 6420  
       Coding: 0BAD08127F88880902886A0B5400000000000000
       Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
       ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB 009046
       ROD: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_AU37.rod
       VCID: AD5B11C3FC748F566A-80F8

No fault code found.
    Did some Google searches yesterday and stumbled on this thread. This is also what I'm looking to do.

Though just as I've quoted above I'm looking for a security access code that allows me to tweak the dimming_characteristic_curve_adjustment_internal_p hototransistor (x2-x5).

I have a '17 GTI Sport trim.
    In for updates on this.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any update on the security code?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    In for any updates?

Wouldn't the information for Security Access be in a Service Manual at a dealership, so anyone who works there would have access to the information?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sadly, no. That kind of stuff hasn't been in "Service Manuals" for more than 10 years now.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, as of now and in the foreseeable future, there's no way to get the security code?

I absolutely hate the dimming of my dash :/

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Sadly, no. That kind of stuff hasn't been in "Service Manuals" for more than 10 years now.

-Uwe-
    Uwe: Shirley the SA must be embedded in the device that dealers use. I've had absolutely no experience with this device,and it might be an extremely naive question, but why can't the SA be "discovered" by examining this device?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    ODIS Guided Fault Finding and Software Version Management is automated and encrypted, so details are hidden
    VAG Car Coding
    Adaptation | Coding | Diagnostic | Retrofit - London, United Kingdom

Authorised VW Group Services Provider and Independent Repairer
    @vagcarcoding

12. Likes Eric liked this post