Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TDI Convertion with no VAS errors does not want to start

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest you fix continuity problem from ECU to Pump.
    On this engine Diesel pump is brain , it controls everything and let car start and run.
    Also go to 01-Engine , find Engine speed (G28) in measuring block and crank car, you should see numbers moving up to 250-300???

One more question ,do you have fuel coming to injectors form pump when you loose fuel line on top of the injector?
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be best to start checking to make sure you have voltage to the fuel shut off solenoid.

FYI there is no controller or brain in this EDC15 pump.......not even an Immobilizer alignment.........that is what the ecu is for.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes ivagp liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I am running the erwin manuals on my system.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have a clear plastic pipe before the pump but will check on the injector side manually.

Post Thanks / Like
    In addition to the points above, has the timing belt been touched since the engine was last running? I once got a no-start exactly like that on my ALH after I set the injection pump shaft wheel (not the sprocket that attaches to it) in the wrong position by about 20 degrees (drill bit I was using went in sideways). See here:http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/...em/pumppin.jpg
    You might want to recheck the mechanical basics of the camshaft and injection pump wheel at TDC.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

7. Likes Jack@European_Parts, ivagp, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures of this heap?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    on an alh jetta their are differnt ecm part#s i dont know if these are interchangeable. but make sure you have rpms while cranking say about 200 rpm.

Post Thanks / Like
    on an alh jetta their are differnt ecm part#s i dont know if these are interchangeable. but make sure you have rpms while cranking say about 200 rpm.

The main difference is coding for stick or auto.
    Additionally early KWP 2000 00> 01.9 production ECU's had a 2 wire compare glow relay recognition and the 02> where 4 wire glow monitoring.
    Note : labeled incorrectly in many diagnostic stacks for ref of each cylinder and that includes random cylinder misfire codes.......

And of course which automatics to reject for incorrect hardware mismatch BS based on variant.

There were some different versions of EDC15 V verse VM+ and flash size but in the USA most were a .5 meg.

Some are wired different in Beetle verse GJ and pay attention to supply relay and bus.

A fun read on the CHEAP!

https://github.com/fjvva/ecu-tool/wiki
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 12-02-2015 at 05:35 PM.

11. Likes jyoung8607, ivagp liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Timebelt

Yes I did change the belt when the engine was still out of the vehicle. I did mark everything before removing, but I will double check it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whether the belt is out or in TIME ..........the fuel should still be coming out of the lines if all is on and rotated.

Pictures?

14. Likes ivagp, Jetta ,97 liked this post