Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Ummm if the 0x01-10-002 IQ makes no difference than your timing is out or the barrel is not making commencement changes ......you know the test I keep pushing you to do.....?

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
32768 is default (middle of a 16-bit integer) for adaptations 1-5. That's good, and leave it that way. If 18 is at 0, I wouldn't touch it unless you have issues with a speed limiter. Any change you make in there is more or less irreversible, so now is not the time to worry about this. See if the manual has reference values for the MAF, either resistance with engine off, or voltages with engine running. See if idle speed becomes normal when you unplug the MAF. Make sure the anti-shudder flap isn't stuck partway, or that your EGR isn't fully open all the time, or that you don't have a huge leak in your intake somewhere after the MAF. Does the engine make abnormal sounds?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Thank you Marin .........I been saying that too.......I think OP should feel guilty at this point with Q for quantity adjustment..........gotten to bed.

pviljoen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261547
Eric I have opened the MAF and found one of the electrode came loose. I have ordered a replacement. should be here hopefully by Monday.
EGR fully closed. does change if I connect a vacuum pump to it.
On 18 was just worried that it was deliberately changed in coding of the ECM.

Jack not quite sure, which tests are you referring too.

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
what part# did u order

pviljoen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261547
Bosch 06A906461

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Bosch 06A906461

That's acceptable....... if genuine.......however, was superseded like 10 years ago to 038-906-461B and then C with integrated velocity stack ramp to MAF sensor.

Jack not quite sure, which tests are you referring too.

Commencement ( Cold start valve as described in English translation ) tests and timing.......

pviljoen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261547
Thanks Jack will look those up. Which dealer do you use to order your parts?

pviljoen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261547
If I go 0x01-03 I can only do Sequential test and not selective. Any particular reason for that.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Correct ........start the first test in outputs and than once you are in the test while idling......... back out and go to measuring block 000 and log immediately.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If I go 0x01-03 I can only do Sequential test and not selective. Any particular reason for that.
Because the ECU is way too old and low-tech to support Selective Output Tests.

-Uwe-

pviljoen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261547
Ok it has now been two weeks. still waiting on the MAP sensor after the first vendor took a week to tell me that he is out of stock.
In the mean time. replace the alternator to make sure I have 12V instead of 9V.
Double checked the timing settings at the crank pulley, DP and crankshaft. Replace the bolts on the DP pulley since they where getting thin at the top.
Two problems
1. Timing does not move from 38 even though I have tested by moving the DP shaft to total advanced and retard. Did this since after the removing the serpentine belt to replace the alternator, the engine did not want to start.
2. Engine just cranks no starting and I cannot moved the commence of injection away from 9.2 BTDC. This is outside the recommended setting, correct?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You are confusing base timing mechanical, with scanner data........do not mix the two.

Your base timing is out and or fuel is not primed.

Does engine start with carb cleaner or are cylinders flooded from base timing deviation?

pviljoen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261547
Solved this problem. Since I am using two different harness system, getting colors confused is easy example Li/Ro and Ro/Li and Y/ws and Y/w. What happened was I had the main relay(VW) on switched power(Sammi), the diesel pump will switch off when I cranked the engine via the Key in starter position. used my trusted starter stick and discovered this.
Next step in Conversion process - document simplification of 2x main relay and 2x fuel relays into single unit each.

Also my Guru in Wiring harnesses for the TDI in BC, did not use default colors, used different colors to lengthen the wires and just in general totally FUBARRed my harness(if it was my harness that he send back). I have to check a wire end to end now to make sure the color combination is correct. May a thousand camel fleas feast on his body.

See facebook.com/TDIConversions for pictures and details.

Last edited:

pviljoen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261547
Thanks for all the real enthusisats

Just a big shout out to all the real mechanics out there and everybody that helped on this thread. Your great work is greatly appreciated. GOD bless.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
That is why WD is paramount for PIN # to PIN # per current track ..........regardless of race.........

WD.......WINS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back