Upgrading from halogen to bi-xenon headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

bos

Reaction score
Bos: hello again - looks like we are becoming long time post-buddies (a good thing)!!:)

In normal circumstances (i.e. if the headlights were factory fitted), I would confidentially say that the solution to your needs would reside in Leuchte channel-sets VLB10 (left side) and VRB21 (right side) - these being the channels that control the side lights. But as we have learned from our previous chats, yours are not factory-fitted assemblies and the added complication of the cross wiring adaptor makes things "more interesting" in the sense that the normal BCM pin connections could be altered within the fittings themselves! Moreover, there's the issue that your original fittings were incandescent and the new fitting is HID/LED - this means that the default settings in your Leuchte channels will not be optimised for the unique characteristics of LEDs (which are really milliamp devices, rather than voltage devices). Most of the time, running LEDs as if they were incandescent lamps isn't a problem, but it is not uncommon for strange effects to occur when this is done (especially in dimming applications)!

Anyhow, let's assume that the DOT LEDs are wired for standard factory fittings (without a cable adaptor and with the normal VW 14-pin HID connector) Here is the factory set-up for these Leuchte channels on a UK vehicle and below is the same channel settings for an NAR model with incandescent lamps:

vtl2ijt.png

Please note that I have shaded the "Leuchte-subsets" to indicate the banks of related adaptation channels.

Alas, I am not able to provide a definitive answer for your question - because yours is such a special case. But, I invite you to use these tables as your starting point for experimentation; look at the settings in your own vehicle (perhaps create an adaptation map of the BCM as suggested earlier by Sebastian).

If you want to amend these settings for low beam operation, then try Abblendlicht links (left side) and Abblendlicht rechts (right side) on a vacant Leuchte-subset - together with dimming channel values of 127 for LED Leuchte settings and 100 for incandescent Leuchte settings and maximise.

Finally, a further matter that you might want to consider is function priority; where in the priority order do you want the dipped beam function to happen? Remember that the priority order that is enforced by Leuchte protocols is GH>EF>CD>AB
Good luck
Don

It will not works.

who can help me please??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back