Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2004 Audi A8 Air Suspension help please

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well if it is indeed the cluster keeping the can bus active it may indeed keep the amp switched on and it's draining the battery,

Monitor it for a week or so with pulling the cluster fuse each time and leaving the amp fuse in and see if it is indeed the cluster that's keeping it awake and causing the drain.

If it is you are looking at replacement or doing as Jack had said in another thread about wiring in a relay that when terminal 15 is off it deactivates the relay that you would wire into to power to the cluster, so it's basically turned off by the relay so the cluster can't keep the can bus active
    Last edited by delboy; 04-12-2016 at 07:35 PM. Reason: phone screen typos

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by delboy View Post
    Well if it is indeed the cluster keeping the can bus active it may indeed keep the amp switched on and it's draining the battery,

Monitor it for a week or so with pulling the cluster fuse each time and leaving the amp fuse in and see if it is indeed the cluster that's keeping it awake and causing the drain.

If it is you me looking at replacement or doing as Jack had said in another thread about wiring in a relay that when terminal 15 is off it deactivates the relay the you wiring into to power to the cluster, so it's basically turned off by the relay so the cluster can't keep the can bus active
    I agree the only problem is by wiring a relay I would possibly get DTCs all over? When I did pull the cluster fuse I got DTCs for a tone of things?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason you got tonnes of errors is because the fuse you pulled also powers the gateway, so to be sure you actually looking at a fault with the cluster you need to unplug it leaving the gateway still active, you will get errors for the cluster being missing but everything else should behave better.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason you got tonnes of errors is because the fuse you pulled also powers the gateway, so to be sure you actually looking at a fault with the cluster you need to unplug it leaving the gateway still active, you will get errors for the cluster being missing but everything else should behave better.
    So how do I keep it active after I pull it? Don't lock the car?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you leave the fuse in situ but unplug the instrument cluster from the back that should tell you if its the cluster or something else on the can bus thats keeping it awake

7. Likes BostonSlaya, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you leave the fuse in situ but unplug the instrument cluster from the back that should tell you if its the cluster or something else on the can bus thats keeping it awake
    Oh ok lol will do

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK I have an update I unplugged the cluster and the Car doesn't go to sleep when I pull the 5Amp fuse the car goes to sleep but battery still seams to drain.. I then decided to try something else I left the cluster plugged and 5amp fuse to cluster plugged in. I also left the 30Amp sound system fuse in and unplugged the satellite radio power plug and car went to sleep, i also pulled the 5Amp fuse for satellite radio out and car went to sleep, i then plugged all back in and unplugged the fm radio and car fell asleep lol.. my next steep was to code the car to not have the satellite radio but I'm having troubling doing so.. in the can19 install list they have digital radio, analog radio, I tried unchecking both and nothing codes it out, there is a listing for satellite tuner but thats unchecked, when i check it i then get a DTC saying that module is incorrectly coded? please help maybe tell me the best way to code the satellite radio not of can so I can trouble shot it... thanks for all the help...