Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New user vcds update failed

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like

New user vcds update failed

Hi everyone I've got a problem I've got another laptop for this Ross tech cable to be used with but when I'm plugging it into a mk5 golf it says it needs update so I do the update then it fails every time. So the program I downloaded from Ross tech doesn't work unless the HEX+CAN cable can be updated. It's showing passed activation on the about screen etc. I've just done a fresh install on this other laptop so hopefully after all updates it will work if not I'll have to nip back here. 1thing I did notice is when I plugged the cable in it didn't install any drivers for the cable but the software recognizes it been plugged in. I'll report back later see if I can get this to work right. Oh it's Windows 7 and firewall was turned off if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Post a photo of your cable.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes CocoPops liked this post
    Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do I post a photo on here as Im using mobile web ? I have totally wiped the hard drive and done a fresh install of Windows Vista and have installed your software, it shows Ross tech in the usb list in device manager, I haven't had time to check in a vehicle if it will update the cable yet. I did read any obd2 vehicle will be able to power up the cable to update it.
    When I had it on some unofficial Windows 7 the about on the software showed license active etc. I have photos to upload but just don't know how to do it on here.

Many thanks.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have an email address so I can send you photos of the cable and what I was seeing on the software ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Please see this thread: How to Post Pictures.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Uwe; 11-01-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Uwe; 11-01-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't see photos but I do see a little picture on above posts, please let me know if you can see them.
    Thanks

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Uwe; 11-01-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must work as I've tried the way you said too and I see a little picture box lmao. Oh well I'll just wait to see if you can see the photos. Cheers