Thread: "SERVICE RESET" no workie, also......

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

"SERVICE RESET" no workie, also......

Hi, first time posting. Be gentle.
    VAG-COM issue. I ran VCDS pre- and post 40K tune on my 2013 Jetta TDI. No problems pre. After completing the 40K service I selected SRI from the main screen. I expected an easy clearing of the service indicator on the dash, No Dice. I received an ERROR msg that reads:
    "THIS INSTRUMENT CLUSTER USED THE UDS PROTOCOL. TO RESTE SRI, PLEASE DO [SELECT]->[17-INSTRUMENTS]->[ADAPTATION] AND USE THE ADAPTATION CALLED "ESI:RESETTING ESI" OR A VARIANT THEREOF.
    I followed the instruction but when I selected "ESI:RESETTING ESI" nothing happened. The option to "DO IT" stayed grayed out so I couldn't select it.
    Some help please!!!

Also, My Driver and passenger windows no longer go up and down automatically from the extended depression of the button. I have to hold them the entire time. Not sure how that happened as I haven't done any tweaking yet. Tejas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like you're not selecting Reset from the New Value drop-box. Go to about 1:50 in this video to see how it works:

Windows:

Pick a window. Run it all the way down. Keep holding the switch in the down position for 1-2 seconds after the window reaches end of travel. Run it all the way up. Keep holding the switch in the up position when for 1-2 seconds after the window reaches end of travel. You may have to do this more than once. Repeat for each window.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes tejastommy, Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct, I only followed directions as the error gave. Per you advice I Selected reset from the drop down then all was good. Thanks UWE.

Correct on the windows also. 1 time down and 1 time up was enough. Disconnecting the battery the cause of that?

Thanks again UWE....

5. Likes Zenerdiode, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tejastommy View Post
    Correct on the windows also. 1 time down and 1 time up was enough. Disconnecting the battery the cause of that?
    Yes, usually.

7. Likes Uwe, tejastommy, Dana liked this post