New user vcds update failed

S63paul

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hi everyone I've got a problem I've got another laptop for this Ross tech cable to be used with but when I'm plugging it into a mk5 golf it says it needs update so I do the update then it fails every time. So the program I downloaded from Ross tech doesn't work unless the HEX+CAN cable can be updated. It's showing passed activation on the about screen etc. I've just done a fresh install on this other laptop so hopefully after all updates it will work if not I'll have to nip back here. 1thing I did notice is when I plugged the cable in it didn't install any drivers for the cable but the software recognizes it been plugged in. I'll report back later see if I can get this to work right. Oh it's Windows 7 and firewall was turned off if that helps.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Post a photo of your cable. ;)

-Uwe-

S63paul

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
How do I post a photo on here as Im using mobile web ? I have totally wiped the hard drive and done a fresh install of Windows Vista and have installed your software, it shows Ross tech in the usb list in device manager, I haven't had time to check in a vehicle if it will update the cable yet. I did read any obd2 vehicle will be able to power up the cable to update it.
When I had it on some unofficial Windows 7 the about on the software showed license active etc. I have photos to upload but just don't know how to do it on here.

Many thanks.

S63paul

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Do you have an email address so I can send you photos of the cable and what I was seeing on the software ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

S63paul

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
I can't see photos but I do see a little picture on above posts, please let me know if you can see them.
Thanks

S63paul

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
bXyivof.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

S63paul

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Must work as I've tried the way you said too and I see a little picture box lmao. Oh well I'll just wait to see if you can see the photos. Cheers

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I can't get the pics you've got on Google Drive to embed either, but I made the links clickable.

The one you put on imgur was just missing the '.jpg' on the end.

Bottom line: You have an illegally pirated, fake clone of our interface. You should return it to whomever you bought it from and demand a full refund. If no refund is forthcoming, you should take the matter up with your payment processor and/or law enforcement authorities.

-Uwe-

S63paul

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
It's a fake, from looking at another forum, but how does it manage to activate it's license first ? I'll post up the license part.

S63paul

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
XLFVdzB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
how does it manage to activate it's license first ?
Sorry, but I'm not going to get into the technical details of how these clones work.

-Uwe-

Back