Thread: 730M Install

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

730M Install

I just installed blue tooth module 7P6035730M from Cars-equiptment.com , and the car can not find it using the Ross Tech Hex USB+Can. When I click on module 77, it tries 3 times to connect then fails. I was able to program the MFSW with no problems. Not sure if I can post links here, but this is the kit I bought.

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...h-handsfree-6/

Their tech support said it would work with my GPS and MFSW, but not with the red matrix screen. The car is an '09 Jetta TDI with RNS nav.

Is there a specific order I have to turn things on. The customer support said I need to activate the Bluetooth in Module 15 first, but could not see the option. I'm new to this, as I'm used to using HP Tuners for GM products. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ryan,

That module, providing it is wired correctly and is not defective, should have communicated with VCDS prior to any configuration but it looks like you drive a pre-BAP car (2009 Jetta according to your order notes). Did you install the FIS CAN convertor they have listed on that page? If so it could be directly disrupting communication to/from the CAN Gateway and retrofitted #77 module. (A buddy of mine put one of those infotainment converters in his DDP protocol 2006 TDI PD Jetta and is crashed communication to his 01-Engine controller!)

I believe something got lost in translation with the address word though because 15 is Airbags! You would configure 19-CAN Gateway using the Installation List function to add #77 to the internal list as shown here.

If you do not have this resolved already please post the Auto-Scan for review, preferably the condition before and after the retrofit.

-Dana

3. Likes kid liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply, yes the translation from tech support was a bit rough! My airbag light was on for a minutes.

What happened is, the wire harness included the CAN and power supply lines not installed in the terminal connector, and they had tape covering the ends, so I simply missed them. I thought the CAN wires were in the harness. Once I spliced them, and found ingnition power, VCDS found the module right away.

With some help from the guys in the Ross Tech support section at VWVortex, it is now working like a charm!

5. Likes Uwe liked this post