02023 - Terminal 87

Egidio

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=97724
Error code 02023 – Terminal 87, Implausible signal.
Car – Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2005

The symptoms was convertible roof not working. Every time you tried to operate the roof, code 02023 would be set in the roof control module.

Fault was traced to the convenience module where a faulty relay inside the module was found. These are available, Tyco brand, part number V23084C2002-A403. This can be replaced as long as you have good desoldering skills.

This relay sends 12 volts from Plug 1 - terminal 10 on the convenience module (red wire with grey stripe) to Plug B – terminal 20 (red wire with grey stripe) on the roof control module which basically means ‘surrounds o/k’. Roof will then operate. When relay is faulty, 12 volts is missing and 02023 code will be set.

Caution – If a convenience module monitored condition is not correct, this 12volt signal will not be set so all monitored convenience items must be correct. Check convenience module for faults before looking for roof faults.

Basically, if 12 volts is missing on terminal 20/Plug B of the roof module, the roof will not operate.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Egidio!

Peter and I were discussing the idea of a new sub-forum for DTC feedback so our registered forum members can contribute in a specific searchable location. We will discuss that as a group but in the meanwhile I'm moving this thread to the How-To's and Tips section (which is where a similar 8H Auto Roof thread lives for DTC 01995).

Edit: I created this Wiki page 02023

Last edited:
Back