Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Support for 5F MIB2 Columbus & Amundsen on MY16 Octavia III

Post Thanks / Like

Support for 5F MIB2 Columbus & Amundsen on MY16 Octavia III

Hi guys

Not sure if you are aware, but there are reports of menus disappearing from 5F on MIB2 units on the O3 after enabling some additional menu items. I haven't experienced it myself yet, but there are a couple of reports on Briskoda

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic...6-mib2-coding/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic...-alert-system/

2. Likes Uwe, SBC Auto, mtl, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had this problem and along with others and have sent this to RossTech support but as yet no response. There are other issues but I will concentrate on one of the missing menus as I am certain this one was there prior to coding and demonstrates the problem

A controller map of 5f prior to any coding on that controller shows both
    (166)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_car_mirror
    (168)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_car_mirror_over_threshold_high
    As "not activated". Even though at the time the menu was present and functioning in infotainment.

Coding was done in 5f to enable
    1. Traffic sign recognition
    2. Automatic daylight saving time
    Saved and soft reset of the controller

After this the menu for "mirrors" had gone from infotainment.

One person has had success changing the above adaptions back to "activated" and recovered the menus however I did not

When I tried to place the above adaptions to "Activated" it said the coding had been accepted, the log shows the coding as accepted but the adaption stays as "not activated" and menu stays missing

As has been said in another forum, either VCDS 15.7.1 cannot correctly read the adaptions in the MY16 MIB2 units or the Columbus unit is storing its coding for the menus somewhere other than 5f.

4. Likes andyvee, mtl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andyvee thanks for the link!

We are aware of this concern and received 2 emails that I'm aware of to date, including the one from from SBC Auto. Andy Smith's Mk7 has MIB-I installed but we believe MIB-II will be available in our market pretty soon ... which will allow us to look into this.

6. Likes Uwe, DV52, SBC Auto liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Andyvee thanks for the link!

We are aware of this concern and received 2 emails that I'm aware of to date, including the one from from SBC Auto. Andy Smith's Mk7 has MIB-I installed but we believe MIB-II will be available in our market pretty soon ... which will allow us to look into this.
    Thanks for acknowledging the problem Dana, it is the not hearing anything that was becoming an issue.

As far as I am aware MIB2 should have arrived Stateside with VW at the same time as it arrived this side of the Atlantic. VW cars delivered after June/July should be fitted with MIB2 units (same as here) and I did see a VW with Carplay in the States myself last month which I assume was MIB2.

Hope you can understand that the nature of this problem means that I have lost a little faith in VCDS and I'm sure I am not alone. Whatever we can do to help solve this I am sure we can collectively supply more information if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this happen only on Skodas as far as you know?

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Does this happen only on Skodas as far as you know?
    That I don't know for sure, It is finding someone with a new, high-spec VW that has coded 5f that knows their system well enough to realise other things in their system are now missing. Maybe that is just more likely with a Skoda! More will come it is just a matter of time as more of these cars get about and people know them better

Unfortunately I am not going to find many volunteers with a new VW to let me code their car knowing it may make permanent unwanted changes on their 2000 discover pro

The Discover Pro has the same menu functions as the Columbus as far as I can see so I cannot see it being any different from that or in fact any "(Gen2) Radio-High" unit.

The way you can find out if the cars you can get to are having the problem is to get an adaption map on 5f and compare it to what has been activated on the car from the factory. This SHOULD not cause any issue to the car in question

As said above, on mine on an initial adaption map of 5f prior to any coding (others found this to)

Were both showing as "not activated" although the menu function on the unit was certainly there and working with the three items in the menu

Synchronous adjustment
    Lower while reversing
    Fold in when parked

If the adaption map does not reflect the car as it is specc'd from the factory then it seems to be susceptible to this problem. It is as if VCDS is not reading the adaptions correctly and then saving those mis-readings to the map when any other changes are made.

Everything is in the logs I sent to Andy but what cannot be logged is the change and loss in the infotainment menus. I can send in "after" screenshots if it helps and probably get "before" from someone else

To be clear it is making other unwanted changes, this is just the one I am very clear on.

11. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. We should have a 2016 Passat to scan soon and that should help us decide if we want this car in a more "permanent" fashion. This is not going to be something I can fix sitting in the dealer's lot, and nobody has volunteered to send us their broken MIB2 yet

13. Likes Dana, Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBC Auto View Post
    As said above, on mine on an initial adaption map of 5f prior to any coding (others found this to)

SBC Auto: not sure if it helps, but HERE is a database of admaps from a number of J794 units.
    As you can see, the settings for the two adaptation channels that you mention above are "activated" (look at ID #477 and 479).

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

15. Likes Uwe, SBC Auto liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    SBC Auto: not sure if it helps, but HERE is a database of admaps from a number of J794 units.
    As you can see, the settings for the two adaptation channels that you mention above are "activated" (look at ID #477 and 479).

Don
    This may be starting to get to the cause of the problem If these maps came of MY2015/ MY2015.5 as I suspect

Line 477 and 479 that you point to are showing as what I assume is MIB1 adaptions
    (166)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_car_mirror
    (168)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_car_mirror_over_threshold_high

It ALSO shows
    Lines 687 and 689 further down

I don't know if all the above adaptions come from the same car but My car ONLY shows the "Gen2" adaptions/Function List

My car has
    (27)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-mirror_0x0E
    Which I cannot find in the adaption maps you linked to - only
    (27)-Vehicle function list BAP-mirror_0x0E

ALL the function list BAP / car function Adaptions are "Gen 2" there are non of the old ones in there VCDS will not change some of the the "Gen2" adaptions

The problem is with MIB2 (Gen2) cars that are at most a month or 2 old

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBC Auto View Post
    This may be starting to get to the cause of the problem If these maps came of MY2015/ MY2015.5 as I suspect

Line 477 and 479 that you point to are showing as what I assume is MIB1 adaptions
    (166)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_car_mirror
    (168)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_car_mirror_over_threshold_high

It ALSO shows
    Lines 687 and 689 further down

I don't know if all the above adaptions come from the same car but My car ONLY shows the "Gen2" adaptions/Function List

My car has
    (27)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-mirror_0x0E
    Which I cannot find in the adaption maps you linked to - only
    (27)-Vehicle function list BAP-mirror_0x0E

ALL the function list BAP / car function Adaptions are "Gen 2" there are non of the old ones in there VCDS will not change some of the the "Gen2" adaptions

The problem is with MIB2 (Gen2) cars that are at most a month or 2 old
    SBC Auto:

HERE you go - an admap from a MIBII unit showing (27)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-mirror_0x0E. The admap is from one of our "true-blue" Aussie - German made vehicles - a MY16 110TSI Highline mk7 Golf. Hmm... I can't remember when I got his admap, but I would have thought that it was longer than a couple of months ago - I could be wrong!!
    Don

PS: I believe that the admap was taken from a "virgin" control module - that had had no changes made to its settings
    This notwithstanding, the 2 x adaptation channels that you mentioned in your previous post

have the setting not activated . I don't know why - perhaps the good folk at RT can explain?
    Last edited by DV52; 10-31-2015 at 07:17 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)