Not open for further replies.

hiroprot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208413
Hey guys,

Just got my HEX-NET last night, and played around with it a little. Here is some feedback:

- Setup was relatively easy, but I did run into an issue where the SSID name that I entered in VCDS Mobile would get garbled (extra characters added at the end) when saved. I got around it by using the Java-based setup tool.
- I did experience timeouts with the cloud functionality, but trying again worked.
- I wish that auto-scan and OBD-II codes showed freeze frames in VCDS Mobile.

Since VCDS Mobile isn't on a par with native VCDS yet, I tried connecting the native VCDS to HEX-NET via the USB cable, but couldn't get it recognized. I did this in VMWare (I'm on a Mac), so that very well might have been the problem, but I wanted to ask if this is supposed to work with the current VCDS version? I know that you're working on a beta that will provide Wi-Fi connectivity, but it's unclear whether HEX-NET would currently work in cable mode.

Finally, do you have an ETA on the Wi-Fi enabled native VCDS version?

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
- I wish that auto-scan and OBD-II codes showed freeze frames in VCDS Mobile.

There is a box on the options page you can tick to turn on Freeze Frame.
I'll leave the other questions to the experts :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Since VCDS Mobile isn't on a par with native VCDS yet, I tried connecting the native VCDS to HEX-NET via the USB cable, but couldn't get it recognized.
No version previously available to the public has any idea how to talk to a HEX-NET interface, either via WiFi or via USB. ;)

Finally, do you have an ETA on the Wi-Fi enabled native VCDS version?
You can download it from this page. The page itself isn't really finished, but the download button on it works. Please do not pass it (or the links) on. To some degree, we're interested to see how many people that buy a HEX-NET actually ask for a "classic" VCDS to use with it.

-Uwe-

hiroprot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208413
There is a box on the options page you can tick to turn on Freeze Frame.
I'll leave the other questions to the experts :)

Awesome, I must have missed that somehow. I'll take a look when I get home.

hiroprot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208413
No version previously available to the public has any idea how to talk to a HEX-NET interface, either via WiFi or via USB. ;)

You can download it from this page. The page itself isn't really finished, but the download button on it works. Please do not pass it (or the links) on. To some degree, we're interested to see how many people that buy a HEX-NET actually ask for a "classic" VCDS to use with it.

-Uwe-

Thanks Uwe! The reason I asked for the classic interface was primarily the freeze frame functionality, and "ease of use" with more screen real estate and general responsiveness (no browser page reload). That being said, I am new to VCDS as a whole, so I'm still exploring.

hiroprot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208413
Happy to report that connecting via cable with the VCDS beta worked, under VMWare and Windows 8.1.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Oh lawd! Not only are you running Windows in a VM, but it's Windows 8.1 in a VM. [Eeek]!

But I'm happy to hear it's working. :)

-Uwe-

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
We Mac users have to do something :D

That's why we are excited about HEX-NET.
I even bought a Winders tablet I saw discussed on VWvortex to use with my VCHU ... I feel so dirty....

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
Bootcamp works for me. :cool:

Traded my MacBook Air. :o

27" iMac in the Audi is a thought though....
Talk about RSE and getting work done !

summitradio

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208400
Yup Its a great ting for us mac people. Got it running on the Ipad and the Macbook pro.
I got busted in the Vortex forums for uploading a scan with 14.2 beta... ill have to change it manually next time...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I got busted in the Vortex forums for uploading a scan with 14.2 beta... ill have to change it manually next time...
Nah. In fact, I would urge you not to edit scans; it might make the RT folks wonder if something untoward is going on. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back