Cristian G

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223794
Hi all,
As you can tell I'm new round here.

I've spent the last 20 years playing with cars mostly BMWs (including 3 historic Australian Group A cars), until around 2 years ago when I "converted" to VAG and bought a MkV Golf.
Since then I've gotten into VAG quite well. I've done a fair bit of playing around with VAG-COM using a mates cable, and have done work on my car (after changing CANBUS, Stereo, adding OEM Bluetooth), my fathers 9N Polo GTi, and a mates Mk VI Golf GTi.

I recently sold the Golf and have bought a MY14 Multivan TDI 340. I am yet to do any work with that, as I have been working away from home for the past 3 months, and we only took delivery of the van 6 weeks ago.

I'm looking forward to the overseas release of HEX-NET to start working on cars without having to be "tethered" to a powerpoint and laptop so much.

I'll probably have some weird and some simple questions for you, but I like to try and work things out as best I can, so please be assured they will be asked after much thought.

I look forward to participating in this community and hope that I can contribute back as well.

Thanks for making this a great place to get involved.

Regards

Cristian

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Welcome Cristian. We'll try to help and we'll keep you posted on the release of the HEX-NET.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I recently sold the Golf and have bought a MY14 Multivan TDI 340.
TDI 340? Wait, you fit a 4.2L V8 TDI in a Multivan how? Pictures or it didn't happen! :D

(Yes, I'm being silly, I assume you made a typo).

-Uwe-

bambazonke

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240542
TDI 340? Wait, you fit a 4.2L V8 TDI in a Multivan how? Pictures or it didn't happen! :D

(Yes, I'm being silly, I assume you made a typo).

-Uwe-

LOL Uwe we all wish it was that way. it's the way VW Australia differentiate between the various outputs of the two liter Diesel engines on the Amarok and Transporter range here ie 340Nm or 400Nm for the twin turbo version.

We are patiently waiting for the V6 Amarok diesel to arrive one day :)

Cristian G

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=223794
Well,
I bought a HEX + CAN 2 weeks ago and it arrived last week.
2 thumbs up to the service for the guys and gals at Ross-Tech, on getting this delivered so quickly to the other side of the world.
For anyone in the Hawkesbury (NSW, Australia type) wanting some help, give me a yell and I'll see what I can do.

Did my first scan on the Van last night and all is good (apart from a nuisance fault in the telephone module). I reset the phone and we'll see what come back.
Now I'd like to see what "tweeks" I can do for the van.

Still waiting for HEX-NET, but not so urgent now:o

Now all I've got to do is get the VM up and running on my new Apple LT so I don't need a power cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back