03-ABS Brakes -- Status: Malfunction 0010

David Paul

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112475
I'm suggesting that if both are not, then you'll see that fault code. The question is whether both actually support it. I don't have an answer to that question.

-Uwe-

Get's complicated, doesn't it?

So, there is a possibility that even though a fault code shows up in #03, ABS, the DSR may actually be active when appropriately coded for "DSR Active" in #44, Steering Assist?

Like I said, there is only one module, #44 where it is possible to activate DSR in my 2013 CC. At least as far as I can find.

I wonder if it is better to leave it activated and have the fault code or deactivate it and have no malfunction.

Or, maybe I should just forget about the whole thing and go about my life as if this subject never came up.

By the way, my 2009 Eos has DSR Active and handles noticeably better than my CC at highway speeds. This was the OEM setting.

Moxnix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=212386
DSR and ABS fault code.

Get's complicated, doesn't it?

So, there is a possibility that even though a fault code shows up in #03, ABS, the DSR may actually be active when appropriately coded for "DSR Active" in #44, Steering Assist?

Like I said, there is only one module, #44 where it is possible to activate DSR in my 2013 CC. At least as far as I can find.

I wonder if it is better to leave it activated and have the fault code or deactivate it and have no malfunction.

Or, maybe I should just forget about the whole thing and go about my life as if this subject never came up.

By the way, my 2009 Eos has DSR Active and handles noticeably better than my CC at highway speeds. This was the OEM setting.

Not sure if you resolved this but I had similar issue with my 2013 A4. Deactivated the DSR in module 44 and car drives like a dream. Then the ABS fault 0010 showed up . I did have an issue with the car not reading the brake pad thickness but the car only had minimal highway miles. I have not erased the code yet but there is nothing showing up on the dashboard on mine either so I am not worried. I just did full brakes and rotors on this car as it sat a little too long and the rotors corroded due to rust accumulation. Now that the brakes are back to 100% and the steering is perfect I will erase all codes and leave it at that. Like to know what resolved it for you or if you are just driving with the code?

Back