Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: V10 O2 Sensors Measuring Blocks?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can help then! I'm fluent in German. For the record, my name is Dietrich!

Edit: Ah crap, I missed the local to you bit. I'm still willing to help though if you need it.
    Last edited by Spyker; 11-25-2015 at 03:52 PM.

2. Likes Sebastian liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
    I *think* I've solved my O2 sensor issues and the hard brake pedal. Seeing as I have a new sensor in I know something else was misbehaving. The hard brake pedal pointed to a vacuum leak and I figured this might cause the EGR valve to behave erratically. I started tracing the vacuum lines but could not find anything thing wrong. I then checked the N18 solenoid that controls the EGR valve.

Bingo! Although the solenoid valve itself was working the pipe that connects to the vacuum pump was connected to the wrong nipple. It is supposed to connect to the bottom nipple according to the ETKA diagram but this pipe was connected to the top, causing it to suck air the whole time through the little round filter thingy, no. 27 on the diagram. I swopped it around and now I can stop on a dime!
    Went for a long drive today and the O2 issue did not rear its head again. I'm hoping this will fix it.

I can only assume it was connected to the wrong nipple when the engine was reinstalled after the turbos were changed by the previous owner.

EDIT: Luckily I kept the 2 O2 sensors I took out so I at least I have a spare set for the left and right bank.
    I'm happy to report that the intermittent O2 sensor issue is finally gone! It's been a week with no limp mode!!
    Fixing the vacuum leak definitely fixed the EGR valve behaving erratically. So m advice to other Touareg owners is to check for any vacuum leaks first before you start throwing money at the problem by buying new sensors.

4. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post