Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V10 O2 Sensors Measuring Blocks?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like I fixed the issue. I fiddled with the plug the other day looking for loose connections etc, when the Touareg starting going into limp mode more often. The only thing I touched was the plug so I went back to have another look today. I could not see anything wrong but I took a needle-nose plier and gave each pin a slight twist to ensure it made good contact with the female side of the plug. Did a couple of trips today and seems that it fixed it. Have not seen limp mode the whole day.

Any idea when there will be a label file for the V10 engine? I really need one!

2. Likes Uwe, Sebastian liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew it was to good to be true.. The error is back. The O2 sensor behaved itself for a whole week after tweaking the pins in the connector.
    I have a spare O2 sensor, but I see the part number shows bank1 and the one I need to replace is bank 2. Only difference I could spot was the different connector colors?

Another thing, do these O2 sensors simply stop working or can they generate intermittent faults? I'm trying to ascertain if the fault is sensor or cable related.
    Last edited by Spyker; 10-15-2015 at 02:25 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
    Hello,

Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed

You can obtain Factory Repair manual information here. Official Factory Repair Information

drpeter
    Can anyone confirm how useful the Bentley Manual is for the Touareg V10? I used to think of them as the factory manual, but the one for my Porsche falls flat on its face in the engine area. It tells you how to get the engine out, and how to take off the valve covers (the wrong way, it would result in an epic timing failure since the valve covers ARE the "upper" half of the cam bearings.

I looked through the self directed learning or whatever it's called. It was an informative look at the tech used to build the engine, but what I saw is not repair or diagnostic advice.

My moment came when I saw that Rolex of a gearcase on the back of the engine used to drive the accessories.

To the OP, I'm feeling your pain. I need to get back to diagnosing our car. Sometimes it has crap tons of power. Other times it's "so, so" like the turbos aren't contributing. Other times it goes into limp mode. No rhyme or reason, and often cured by shutting it off and back on - which has "electrical gremlin" written all over it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bentley Publishers hasn't been the distributor for VW info in quite some time so anything newer than 2009 is definitely a no-go. Even before that though, somehow real native VAG info started to get stripped out. I assume this was not Bentley's decision, just what VW was handing them. So, for example, the Bentley eBahn for the Touareg V10 TDI doesn't even have a section for Fuel Injection & Ignition, On-Board Diagnostics. Instead it just has Generic Scan Tool info ... which as you can guess, isn't too useful. Wiring diagrams and some mechanical stuff are still in there so there's that. I would pay for a short term erWin license before I got any Bentley stuff.

7. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking for repair information on the V10 look no further than ElsaWin. It contains everything you need to rebuild the engine.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another update. Bought a new O2 sensor from VW and replaced it over the weekend. The problem persists. What else could cause the error "Signal too High (Rich) - Intermittent"?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
    Another update. Bought a new O2 sensor from VW and replaced it over the weekend. The problem persists. What else could cause the error "Signal too High (Rich) - Intermittent"?
    Have you checked the upstream side of the wiring, I have heard of other vag vehicles having issues with damaged wires in the harness leading to the connector for o2 sensors

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by delboy View Post
    Have you checked the upstream side of the wiring, I have heard of other vag vehicles having issues with damaged wires in the harness leading to the connector for o2 sensors
    That is my next port of call. I'm starting to suspect the plug. If I fiddle with the plug it does seem to have an effect. I would love to test continuity/resistance if I only know where the other end is!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Likes Uwe liked this post