Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V10 O2 Sensors Measuring Blocks?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

V10 O2 Sensors Measuring Blocks?

I'm trying to chase down an intermittent O2 sensor fault but seeing as there is no label file for the V10, I'm not sure where to look?
    I get a signal too rich error on bank 2 and then it goes into limp mode.

Address 11: Engine II Labels: Redir Fail!
    Part No SW: 070 906 016 AA HW: 028 101 148 1
    Component: V10 5,0L EDCG000AGS™6189
    Coding: 0010575
    Shop #: WSC 31414 000 00000
    VCID: 4FAB921CDD5722469F-516F

1 Fault Found:
    18630 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B2 S1
    P2198 - 000 - Signal too High (Rich) - Intermittent
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 1092 /min
    Torque: 0.0 Nm
    Speed: 11.9 km/h
    Load: 0.0 %
    (no units): 1.0
    (no units): 0.0
    Bin. Bits: 10001001

By the way, are we ever going to get a label file for the V10?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I'm trying to chase down an intermittent O2 sensor fault but seeing as there is no label file for the V10, I'm not sure where to look?
    I get a signal too rich error on bank 2 and then it goes into limp mode.

- So guessing this is a 2003 to a 2007 Touareg V10 TDI (AYH), If so, the measuring values data block you seek is as follows:

Engine II - MVB Group-031, field 4 = G108- Heated Oxygen Sensor, Bank 2 Sensor 1 - raw signal voltage (should be less than 3400 mV on a deceleration)

- I would check the connections at the G108 connection (behind the left side air filter box located near the PS reservoir).

- Also check pins 2 and 6 on the G108 for the proper amount of resistance. - Should be [30 to 300 ohms]

By the way, are we ever going to get a label file for the V10?
    How can I help?

- We are continuously working on label files for VCDS.

hope this helps,

drpeter

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure I'm getting the right values? I logged it while driving home and this was the result.

I can send you the CSV file if you want.

As for creating a label file. I have the PLB file if that might help?

I also tried to view the data for both banks by selecting 31 - Engine Other, but it would disconnect from the controller after 30 seconds or so.
    Last edited by Spyker; 09-30-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

As for creating a label file. I have the PLB file if that might help?
    - You can send the PLB file and a complete vehicle Auto-Scan to our Support email, thanks.

I'm not sure I'm getting the right values? I logged it while driving home and this was the result.
    - From the data above it is not possible to determine the condition of the G108- Heated Oxygen Sensor, Bank 2 Sensor 1 because the only information I can find is "raw signal voltage (should be less than 3400 mV on a deceleration)", rpm data is needed for this evaluation.

- Your fault code does appear to be an 'Intermittent' fault code, what happens if you clear the code, does it come back any time soon? If it takes a while to come back, you may not be able to capture this condition during a short road test.

- I still recommend to check the sensor, G108, the way I mentioned before, it maybe helpful.

drpeter

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think MWB 031.4 is in Volt.
    If your voltage at deceleration is max 2.400 V. as it could look like on your graph, then Oxygen Sensor is defective, or to much fuel (no air) at deceleration.

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
    Hello,

- So guessing this is a 2003 to a 2007 Touareg V10 TDI (AYH), If so, the measuring values data block you seek is as follows:

Engine II - MVB Group-031, field 4 = G108- Heated Oxygen Sensor, Bank 2 Sensor 1 - raw signal voltage (should be less than 3400 mV on a deceleration)

- I would check the connections at the G108 connection (behind the left side air filter box located near the PS reservoir).

- Also check pins 2 and 6 on the G108 for the proper amount of resistance. - Should be [30 to 300 ohms]

How can I help?

- We are continuously working on label files for VCDS.

hope this helps,

drpeter
    I get nothing between pin 2 and 6. I tried the same test on the oxygen sensor on bank 1 and got the same result. If I test the heating circuit between pin 3 and 4 I do get a reading of 3 ohms.

I do get a reading of 123.5 ohms between pin 5 and 6 on the "faulty" sensor and 108.2 on the sensor on bank 1. Not sure what pin 1 and 5 does?

Are you sure about it being pin 2 and 6?
    Last edited by Spyker; 09-30-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Are you sure about it being pin 2 and 6?
    Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed

You can obtain Factory Repair manual information here. Official Factory Repair Information

I did check again, and Pin 3 and 4 are for the [Z28-Lambda probe heater 2]. So that reading sounds okay.

- However .. . . You will need to check the G108 part of the sensor because this is what the ECM uses to know if it should set the fault code you have.

If pins 2 and 6 are open (no reading) then it sounds like the sensor is faulty. You can check the [G39-Lambda probe 1] (other bank/side) sensor, it has the same pin configuration and since there is no code, it is presumed to be okay.

again, hope this helps,

drpeter

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I have access to Erwin, so which document are you referring to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I have access to Erwin, so which document are you referring to?
    - The wiring diagrams are the best source for component locations (hyperlinked in erWin) and pin/wiring color identifications.

- The Workshop manual will have some information, Self Study Programs and Technical Service Bulletins are good places to look as well.

drpeter

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
    - The wiring diagrams are the best source for component locations (hyperlinked in erWin) and pin/wiring color identifications.

- The Workshop manual will have some information, Self Study Programs and Technical Service Bulletins are good places to look as well.

drpeter
    Ok, will have a look.

Both my sensors, G108 and G39 shows open circuit between pins 2 and 6. Surely this would log as a hard fault and not intermittent? I've never seen an error for G39, only G108.