VCDS® with HEX-NET™ WiFi Interface for R8 V10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullhead

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a Ross-Tech VCDS® with HEX-NET™ WiFi Interface for a 2012 Audi R8 V10. I understand it is in Beta still, but is there anyone on the forum that has used it for this Vehicle (or something close)?
If so how is it working for you?
Thanks,
Ed

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
Hi Ed:

I've tested the HEX-NET on a 2014 Audi RS7, and it appears to work OK. But, there are still some problems using the device (at its current beta stage of development) with my Phaeton (12 cylinders) and my neighbors Lamborghini (also 12 cylinders). I don't know if this is because cars that have more than 8 cylinders - such as yours, and the two cars I mentioned - have two engine controllers (a master and a slave) rather than just one, or if the problems are due to other programming issues.

At this moment, I don't think the HEX-NET is ready for every-day 'production' use, and clearly the Ross-Tech folks don't think so either, because they still have the product in the beta phase of development.

If you normally have easy access to a laptop computer or a tablet computer that runs Windows, and would be content to use that device to carry out all your scans, then your immediate needs could be met with a traditional HEX+USB cable interface. I also have one of those, and it works perfectly on the two cars I mentioned. I'm sure it also would work fine on your R8.

If, though, you are really hungry for the HEX-NET, you might want to hold tight for a little while, unless you are prepared to live with some of the shortcomings and snags that arise when using beta software.

Then again... some of us actually enjoy using and testing beta software, and Ross-Tech has been very supportive of the beta testers here in the HEX-NET beta forum, so, if you are currently bored and would enjoy a challenge, jump right in and join us... :)

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back