horsepower and/or torque comparison

mikeme

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=99408
Have waded through a few posts on horsepower.

with the upcoming patch/fix from VW to eliminate the "switch", I think there is some interest in before/after comparison of what this patch will do.

MPG is pretty easy to track, via several methods. use of DEF for vehicles so equipped also seems like it would be pretty easy to track.

is there a simple way to track horsepower and/or torque for the before/after comparison which would work on public roads with a VCDS?

http://www.ross-tech.net/vag-com/examples/dynoplot6.xls

would this work, just entering vehicle weight, and values for time, rpm, and speed (in km/h)?

For Andy, what is the decel time used for?

or should one just log some torque value on a repeatable route, with a time of wide open throttle, perhaps in a selected gear for folks with DSG.

sorry for the ramble, just looking for some ideas.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
what is the decel time used for?
To try to estimate friction losses (both aerodynamic and rolling) that use horsepower w/o accelerating the car.

-Uwe-

NitrousOxide

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=269481
perhaps in a selected gear for folks with DSG.
I can't hold a steady gear in manual mode with my DSG. I wanted to use 4th gear as an example, but it will not allow the RPM to fall below 1,500 so that I can do an earlier pull. If I approach 6,600, then it does an upshift thus ruining the deceleration time if I release the accelerator.

In another thread UWE described my DSG's controller as being to OLD to take that type of modification to adjust shift points and such.
My car reports a bad MAF sensor. I noticed though that disconnecting it and driving in manual mode allows me to keep it in a particular gear for a little longer (but the car's performance seems to suffer with the MAF sensor being disconnected although it is dead).

Back