Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OEM BiXenons on 2012 GLI (byte 18 help)

Post Thanks / Like
    Please post an Auto-Scan for posterity.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do I autoscan just 09?

Post Thanks / Like
    How do I autoscan just 09?
    - That would not be considered an Auto-Scan.

The VCDS Auto-Scan function scans each controller in the vehicle to retrieve controller information.

- Have a look at the Ross-Tech interactive user manual for more information about VCDS.

Auto Scan

Displaying, coping, printing single control unit fault codes and be done on the Fault Code screen of VCDS.

The above does not provide all the information that an Auto-Scan will provide and when attempting to help with the diagnoses of a vehicle, the Complete Vehicle Auto-Scan tells the whole story, which in most cases is important because so many vehicle systems and controllers are connected.

How to post an Auto-Scan

hope this helps to explained why we ask for the Auto-Scan,

drpeter

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again RossTech Forums. I wanted to update...Coding byte 18 to 8D just got my 2012 GLI w/o Nav 6spd to operate back to stock halogen lights and proper tail light patterns without errors. It was not to get the BiXenon functioning. The car is now at a 3rd party VW shop and they installed the lights and are trying to code the lights. They can't get the LED DRLs to turn on. I sent them that byte 18 pdf that has been making it's way around in hopes that they can use that. A member of VWVortex also sent me a code and told me it would work for my GLI (2F200A3A902F06C400080080000005C40100008842808D625 C8000000040). I'm hoping between today and tomorrow (when i go pick up the car) that one of those codes will work without having to replace the CECM. If not i will go back to halogen and give up on the BiXenon dream. Has anyone had experience with coding the BiXenons to properly operate on a 2012 GLI?

Thanks
    Hab
    Last edited by sbvr6; 11-20-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Cool story, bro.

Now where's that Auto-Scan we've been asking for for two months now?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know i know. I appreciate the help. The car is at the shop right now, they're going to go through the byte18 pdf sounds like, so i can't get you a AutoScan at the moment. When i have the car i will. I'll have to see if there is harness issues, but i may just end up just sticking to Halogen for now. I will get the auto scan up. I have one but it contains all the bulb out errors i had when i first installed the adapters