Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Cheaters? Recalls? Discuss

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Don,

"credentials "
    What like good engineering judgement?
    Jack: I don't understand the question. Is not "good engineering" self fulfilling as a credential for EVERYTHING?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post

Personally, I'm for low cost trade but it needs to be with balance in addition to anti dumping enforcement and indeed markets are disrupted worldwide by such over production to force a burn out strategy & that wastes resources and destroys the infrastructure + environment by means of cheating the rules of the game & that is captured by essentially self regulation.

"We swear it comports, honest, signed the dumper!"

Right?
    Right indeed!! But let's not confuse the folly of a result where America wins 0% of the entire enchilada versus the better outcome of achieving a lower percentage of a smaller part of the whole!!

Nevertheless - I agree that tariffs (like most economic levers) are similar to a spider's web - pull on one thread and the effects appear on various other parts of the web!

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post

Trump is playing poker. "I'll see your 10% and raise you 15% more."

-Uwe-
    Uwe, please forgive the impudence of an ignorant foreigner, but I can't help myself by replying that I now know why America chose the owner of a chain of gaming houses as their President (oops- time to visit the naughty corner again)

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack: I don't understand the question. Is not "good engineering" self fulfilling as a credential for EVERYTHING?
    Doesn't it depend on how the term is affirmed too & when combined with a detailed forged instrument?

So many cry about big Government or spout "over regulation" laws & that need repeal, they seem to miss the important fact, that most of the regulation in industry's or such as ours; is indeed self regulated a degree and that industry usually helps write that same regulation and which is posted before amended for public opposition.

Current events and when shit hits the fan indeed shows this to be true at least to me.

Hence Diesel-gate!

Recently Boeing & its 737 MAX..........etc. etc.......
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Self Certification always produces problems and/or confusion - another example is Bluetooth where self compliance means that it's not uncommon for Bluetooth devices that supposedly meet the same profile cannot communicate or do so intermittently or incompletely.

Post Thanks / Like

Delicious corn

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/15/business/winterkorn-volkswagen-emissions-scandal.html

Martin Winterkorn, Ex-VW Chief, Charged by Germany in Diesel Emissions Scheme

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    As Dieselgate scandal widens, will Germany finally tackle transport emissions?

https://amp.dw.com/en/as-dieselgate-...ons/a-48377139

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw....ses/a-48426251

Volkswagen manager faces new probe over illegal bonuses

8. Likes Sacha35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.caradvice.com.au/750617/...n-ceo-charged/

FORMER VOLKSWAGEN CEO CHARGED IN GERMANY OVER DIESELGATE AFFAIR

10. Likes Sacha35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ford says Justice Department has opened criminal probe into its emissions certifications

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...n-process.html

You ain't seen shit yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/06/b...ssions-gm.html

Six Years Ago, He Helped Expose VW’s Diesel Fraud. This Year, G.M. Let Him Go.